Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A penny for your thoughts!

okay so the iphone will be with Verizon next year. What are you Guys thoughts on this now that the Droidx etcetera's are out. Who will be willing to trade out there droids? Do you think there will be a decline in Droid sales. To me the X is the best! But what are you guys thoughts on this announcement! What effects will this have on our beloved Droids X's!
    Last edited by Ms Charli; 10-07-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Droid X had already proven its superiority and im sure you will get a few to switch back to the I phone and a few who do switch back to the I phone to shortly return to android.

Its all a matter of preferance and I think I phone has list its edge to android why else would they be willing to stop their exclusive sale rights with att? Because they are losing to android.

I wanted an I phone but an glad I ended up with an x.

Sent from my DROID X using my fingers!

Yes, but not as soon as it is released.

I thought I wanted an iphone when I learned of the X. even with all the glitches from froyo, which I will surely be able to take care of when I have the time, the X is the best. I recently got an ipod touch and frankly, I don't get it. What is so great? I am glad I could get all the levels on angry birds but other than that, give me a Droid any day!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jbomb11 View Post
    Droid X had already proven its superiority and i'm sure you will get a few to switch back to the I phone and a few who do switch back to the I phone to shortly return to android.

Its all a matter of preference and I think I phone has list its edge to android why else would they be willing to stop their exclusive sale rights with att? Because they are losing to android.

I wanted an I phone but an glad I ended up with an x.

Sent from my DROID X using my fingers!

"I think I phone has list its edge to android why else would they be willing to stop their exclusive sale rights with att?"

I totally felt this way! When I heard the announcement this morning I felt that Iphone makers woke up. They seen how VZ customers reacted to the droid and now they realized how " Exclusive" made them no money! I personally will ride with Google I think this will make Google come even better on there phones!
    Last edited by Ms Charli; 10-07-2010 at 09:06 AM.

One thing I can think of for wanting the iphone back is computer backup and restore. With android, you have to reload each app individually and reset each contacts ringtone.
    If google were to fix this, I wouldnt consider getting the iphone again.
    One negative would be going back to a smaller screen.

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

IMO the iphone doesn't offer me anything I can't already do with the dx .I have no plans to change it for the iphone

Has this been officially announced?

Back when I had my Blackberry, I would have got an iphone when it came to vzw. Now that I have my x I don't see me ever leaving Android.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    My phone is....Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Charli View Post
    okay so the iphone will be with Verizon next year.
    How do you know? It hasn't been officially announced. Any news out there is only rumor.

If I wanted an iPhone, I would have gotten one by now. But I don't want one. I don't use and have never used anything that has anything to do with iTunes -- ever. I haven't touched Apple products since I had a Mac in college over 10 years ago, and I'm just fine keeping it that way.

And my thoughts are worth more than a penny.

I waited for ages for Verizon to get the iphone....Now that I have the X, I don't think there is any need for the iphone!
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katrina2475 View Post
    Back when I had my Blackberry, I would have got an iphone when it came to vzw. Now that I have my x I don't see me ever leaving Android.
    I totally agree with this! Also, from what I've read, there are limitations on the ability to "personalize" the iPhone. With the X, the sky's the limit. It's user friendly out of the box, but can handle the worst of the techie instincts ... and thrive.
    Always learning ...

I really want the iphone. But really happy the droid x . So I'm not mad that i have to wait 2 years for an upgrade.

My droid x Rocks. You think you have problems trying using Blackberry storm1. My IM group
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Shafe75 View Post
    Has this been officially announced?
    It was officially announced this morning on the news. Not in a rumor form they said that the Iphone is ending the exclusiveness with ATT. Stopped me in my tracks when I heard it. I they are putting it on national news I think it's pretty real!!!

But Really we already knew this was going to happen right!!!

This was posted today and yesterday!!

Last edited by Ms Charli; 10-07-2010 at 05:38 PM.

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

This was posted today and yesterday!
    And back in March, also started by the WSJ:

It's one of those persistent rumors that's always been floating around. It used to be that Apple may profit from it by having Verizon diehards hold off on buying Android/BB/whatever in hopes the iPhone lands. Now I think it hurts Apple as people stop upgrading their iPhones on AT&T to avoid contracts. Whatever the motivation, don't believe it until you see it but eventually the rumor may be true.

If it were a sane company I'd say it's not going to happen, why introduce your first CDMA phone on the dawn of the LTE era. But Apple actually released a 2G version of the iPhone well after 3G was well deployed only to make their customers upgrade a year later.
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

I would take an iPhone to replace my X if I got it for free and you gave me $199.99 for the X. I would then sell the iPhone and buy a brand new X and have little money left over.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

People's minds will be blown if/when iPhone comes to Verizon, thus making the iPhone usable as a PHONE.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by jdbower View Post
    And back in March, also started by the WSJ:

It's one of those persistent rumors that's always been floating around. It used to be that Apple may profit from it by having Verizon diehards hold off on buying Android/BB/whatever in hopes the iPhone lands. Now I think it hurts Apple as people stop upgrading their iPhones on AT&T to avoid contracts. Whatever the motivation, don't believe it until you see it but eventually the rumor may be true.

If it were a sane company I'd say it's not going to happen, why introduce your first CDMA phone on the dawn of the LTE era. But Apple actually released a 2G version of the iPhone well after 3G was well deployed only to make their customers upgrade a year later.
    True but I actually seen it on the news this morning. When its beyond internet and in millions of homes live broadcast I would think its pretty real!

Would Apple or verizon had let this out, if they have kept managed to keep this out of live media these last 2 years. So far was only on the internet, not a lot of live broadcast now it's a live broadcast.

like I said earlier we knew this was going to happen!!!

It was officially announced this morning on the news. Not in a rumor form they said that the Iphone is ending the exclusiveness with ATT. Stopped me in my tracks when I heard it. I they are putting it on national news I think it's pretty real!!!

But Really we already knew this was going to happen right!!!

This was posted today and yesterday!!

Can you read? There's nothing official in any of those links. No one from Apple or Verizon has confirmed it.

I'll bet the rumors about Qualcomm, CDMA, and Apple have way more to do with a Verizon iPad than a CDMA iPhone.
    I don't think ATT has exclusivity on the iPad.

ROM
    stock for now

The news organizations are just regurgitating the Wall Street Journal's speculations. Yes, I think it's probably accurate, but it's not *OFFICIAL* yet.

That being said, when the iphone does come to VZW, I don't know how much difference it's really going to make, at least to anyone who's going to be reading these forums. It will take business away from AT&T and bring it to Verizon, which in the short term is going to overwhelm the network a bit but in the long term is going to make it bigger and stronger (which will only benefit us all).

The folks who buy a smartphone because it's the thing to have, but don't know how to work it anyway, will probably buy iphones instead of Android phones, but I don't see how that's a bad thing for the rest of us.

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It is speculation until it is officially announced by Verizon or Apple. "I read it in the news" no longer holds the same water it may have years ago when they actually investigated and didn't rush stories to press to be the first ones reporting it. The "news" has been speculating this every so often based on rumors, and the reason for the speculation this time is that it was leaked by a manufacturing company that they have been making CDMA iPhones ready to ship at a moments notice. Funny thing is, the last time I read about all of this, these CDMA phones could actually be for Sprint, wouldn't that be a big laugh?

So my thoughts? 32 Gigs is not enough for my entire music collection, I will keep my 64 Gig iPod Touch for now. If they release a 64 Gig version of the iPhone and make the call quality and phone as good as my Droid X, if the signal holds and they fix the Antenna-Gate situation, and I am able to type as easily as I can on my Droid X.....when my contract is up, I would explore that possibility. Quite a few things would have to be addressed for me to take that leap.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

I will probably get one and switch between my android phones and the iPhone.

I just got my DroidX this week, and I love it. Its way way faster than my Droid1.

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    IMO the iphone doesn't offer me anything I can't already do with the dx .I have no plans to change it for the iphone

Took the words right outta my mouth!

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

Hell by the time the iphone is released with CDMA/VZW the X will look long in the tooth. The next gen of top tier Droids will be something to behold. That said, I love my X. I just understand it's a world where you are only king of the heep for about a month or few, then you're old news.
    HTC Touch Pro>HTC Droid Eris>Moto Droid X>Samsung Focus>HTC Sensation 4G>Nexus 4>Nexus 5
    Your phone will only be the latest and greatest for a few months.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast