No default email

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I would like to use "quick upload" to send a picture to my gmail account. The gmail account is on the phone already.
But when I click 'quick upload', it says 'no default email account'.
??????
Is that happening with ya'lls?

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
have you set up the quick upload action yet in the camera settings yet...try changing the action to something else like facebook or picasa just to test that you have it set up right

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
tried that:
Changed it to FB and it successfully uploaded.
Changed back to my gmail address (default one for the phone) and select quick upload...confirm it's that email address, then get a lil popup with "no default email account".

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
tried that:
Changed it to FB and it successfully uploaded.
Changed back to my gmail address (default one for the phone) and select quick upload...confirm it's that email address, then get a lil popup with "no default email account".

Because from what I understand this feature, it is intended to post the image to a site when it uploads where the email account just sends information to a account. I tried use this to send images to my job email when I take a photo of a site or job but the images come through as a descriptive link. If the location you are sending file to isnt a image sharing site the email account usually errors out like this.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
interesting..since you have the option to send to email, it'd be nice to just quick upload em. Same thing, just one button though. I think this must be a bug.

mokiedroid

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
solution

I had the same problem and have been searching for days and I do believe i found a solution, this is what i did.

open the stock 'messaging' app, press the hard menu button>manage accounts>add account>Email> enter gmail email address and password.

Only problem i see is that i now have 2 copys of every email received, but I do believe that if I disable Gmail sync it will solve this problem.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like to use "quick upload" to send a picture to my gmail account. The gmail account is on the phone already.
But when I click 'quick upload', it says 'no default email account'.
??????
Is that happening with ya'lls?

This sounds like like "apples and oranges". Send an image to Gmail as an email attachment. Send to website as an "upload". Uploads can be larger files. The X will scale down the size of photos for email use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781