Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default does anyone have step by step instructions to adding ringtones and notifications

I know somewhere you make a audio or ringtone folder with usb plugged in. Please help thanks

you can go to the Music player and long press on a song and it will have a use as ringtone option thats the easiest way...there are also some good app in the market that will let you clip you music into ringtone length

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock unrooted

Check the sticky in the media forums. If they are the right format just put them in the "media" -> "notifications" folder.

Quote Originally Posted by tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
    I know somewhere you make a audio or ringtone folder with usb plugged in. Please help thanks
    Place MP3 in the SD/Media/Audio/Ringtones and you can access them under the default ringer selection method or you can download Ringo Lite.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So how do I add a ringtone sent through. A text u

Quote Originally Posted by tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
    So how do I add a ringtone sent through. A text u
    Email:
    1. Open Email

2. At top there should be the number and the words "View Attachments" - Click on View Attachments

3. Now you should have a list of attachments with a arrow next to it if not downloaded.

4. Click file you want to download and you should get a animation where the arrow was that is indicating its being downloaded.

5. Once the animation stops this means file has been downloaded to a temp file to be viewed.

6. Now Press and Hold on file text and a window should open with three options - VIEW - SAVE- and SHARE

7. Select Save from list

8. Once complete it will have a little message at bottom of page that says "File was downloaded to SD Card"

9. Now file will be saved in SD / Messages folder on SD Card.

10. Move to SD/Media/Audio/RingerTones

SMS:
    1. Go to Text Messages view, threader veiw that shows the pic preview when its not opened.

2. Press and hold on Pic

3. Select Save from the list\

4. Now the pic should be saved in SD/Messages folder

5. Move to SD/Media/Audio/RingerTones