CoPilot Live v8

Jim1348

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I am interested in hearing from anybody that has the Motorola Droid X and uses CoPilot Live v8 on it. I want an application that works even if there is no data connection and it looks like CoPilot Live v8 might be the only one that will work without a data connection. Anyway, for anybody that has it, how well does it work?

xdalaw

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an EVO (sorry, not a Droid X), but since it's the same size and a similar device, I thought I'd chime in.

I love co-pilot! I have the traffic subscription (I paid about $20. for it, but I think it's now just $10/yr) and it's my GPS app of choice. And, since I'm on Sprint, we get free Sprint Nav software, along with the great and handy Google Maps Navigation.

I sometimes drive where data coverage is limited, and I didn't want to take the chance of getting lost.

Hope that helps a bit.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Still Waiting for CoPilot Map Download

Well, Google Nav and Maps has steered me wrong too many times lately so I bought CoPilot Live for my Fascinate. There is something wrong with their website that will not let me log in on my PC on CoPilot Central so I could not download the US map that way. So I decided to load it direct to my phone via WiFi. The download seems to be progressing over my wireless "g" at 54 Mbps (That's what it reports anyway) but the download started yesterday afternoon at 4:35 PM and at 11:20 this morning it still says it is downloading the map. That's what? almost 20 hours so far? At this rate the map will be out of date by the time I have it. So I would recommend downloading to your PC and then transferring it that way--if you can get logged on to your account.