1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default could someone check please crack by volume and camera

I have babied my x and tried to take care of it. Tonight I found a scratch or crack on side. Could someone check to see if normal. I have a small line or crack on the side of phone by the volume rocker and on the top of red camera button. It is almost like a mark on whet to fit buttons. Is this normal. Please check.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Yeah its on mine too. Very feint I never noticed. Good eye.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you does anyone else have it.

Yes, I see them on mine too.

Yes, it looks normal in terms of the manufacturing process.

Yes, having OCD is a real female dog.
    MacGyver Wannabe

I don't seem to have any type of scratch on the side of my phone near either button. Could you post a picture?

Nope.
    No scratch or lines on the side of my X.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

None here either. Got mine on launch.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Its a very feint line that is on the bottom and top half of the device that extends the WIDTH of the device, not length. I imagine its on every device. Some may not notice due to its small size. Its not a crack more like a pin stripe. Its easiest to view on the top, if held in the right light.

I can't even believe we are talking about this. I just love trying out swype

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Got my DX in August...I have the feint line, but it's definitely not cracked...Phone is awesome!

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine's a replacement from VZ, and it does have them. Looks like leftover marks from the molding process. And good luck getting them in a photo... very faint, and can only be seen at certain angles.

For those who don't see them... they run from the top/bottom of the volume rocker toward the screen, for all of the 1/16" until you hit the seam around the phone. I can just barely feel them with a fingernail.
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Its an indention/groove from the center line to the camera and volume rocker. Take a flash light of something and look, just looks like there is a beveled down area above both. No cracking or lines though
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - VZW
    iPhone 4s 16gb - VZW
    Blackberry Bold 9930 - VZW
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Guys, this is normal, it's part of the manufacturing. There's no crack or scratch or anything. Don't worry about it. If you're that worried, put a full case on the phone.