Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts

Default 2.2 Bug Fixes acknowledged

Motorola Droid X forums manager Matt just posted some info on most of the bugs that 2.2 created. He didn't specifically mention the no sound on calls issue, but told me that he is confident that the media player fix will also correct this since they seem to go hand in hand.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/38876
    Thanked by 2:

I've had that problem they listed with the battery but theres still no mention of the battery indicator turning black, which is a problem I am having. I hope they have a fix out soon

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Thanks for the link.

Goooood good. Now, let's hope they push out this "upcoming software update" sooner rather than later. My X has really become a point of frustration for me. Just fix the issues, Motorola!

Good to see they're keeping us updated. I had the music problem once, and better WiFi reception would be great.

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Yeah .Hope the get them fixed sooner than later.

The wifi disconnect/connect loop has reappeared for me , just on the dx , the incredible no issues at all on wifi's connection.

No changes where even made to the dx (or the netgear router settings)from when it wasnt in the loop til it got back in it , no apps no nothing .

The dx connects on another router without being in that loop .

Again both my incredible and ipod touch connect to my home router just find no problems at all its just the dx ,makes wifi's at home useless on it .

I posted on motorolla forum too but needed further venting ,

I just want the Wifi issue fixed so i can switch my router back to N instead of B/G mixed mode. The only other issue I have had is the battery force close. Other than that my DX has been great.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Did he say anything about the broken bootloader? Things been broken since launch...

sent by me on my X

Cool. The media won't play issue freaked me out. I was just listening along and everything suddenly stopped. It was saying how it did not support that type of audio file even when I went to play something I knew worked. Everything cleared up after a reboot, but I've been worried that my microSD card was failing. Glad to know that is just a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Yeah .Hope the get them fixed sooner than later.

The wifi disconnect/connect loop has reappeared for me , just on the dx , the incredible no issues at all on wifi's connection.

No changes where even made to the dx (or the netgear router settings)from when it wasnt in the loop til it got back in it , no apps no nothing .

The dx connects on another router without being in that loop .

Again both my incredible and ipod touch connect to my home router just find no problems at all its just the dx ,makes wifi's at home useless on it .

I posted on motorolla forum too but needed further venting ,
    Interesting story regarding my X & wifi at home with my Netgear WNR2000 router...

On 2.1 I could connect to my netgear WNR2000 router, data speeds were horrible, but the X would hold a wifi lock. Updated to 2.2, all was great for 3 days (wifi was fast) then the wifi lock loop started. Did 3 data wipes, same problem.

Went to my local vzw store and they exchanged my X for a new one. (Yes, I was beyond my 30 days and it really was a new X they gave me. Watched them take it out of the box and remove the sd card. The guys at the store kept asking me if I had rooted the phone because I have Fancy Widget. By the time I left the sales guy had Fancy Widget on his Fascinate...gotta love it when you school the vzw sales people...LOL). Anyway. Wiped my old X before I gave it back. Swapped sd cards. Booted the new X and brought it straight home without adding anything to it. Same issue, stuck in wifi lock loop...scanning, connecting, obtaining IP...scanning...

*note I've had no issues with any of the other wireless devices connecting to the netgear router (kodak printer, 3 ipods, xbox, 2 laptops)

Went and bought a Belkin Share router, the X connected right away no problems, haven't seen the lock loop yet. Has been solid for over a week.

Only problem I've had with the Belkin is I can't print from the desktop computer. Belkin connected to WAN, Netgear is hard lined to the Belkin. All but 2 wireless devices are connected to the Netgear router (X, and Xbox). So I'm running 2 routers (set to different channels). Yeah it sucks, but it works...

No mention of the timestamp issue with messaging widgets, bummer. Both Handcent and LauncherPro both display different times compared to my SMS window they're both off by about 6 1/2 hours. After googling around it looks like it is a 2.2 bug .

Quote Originally Posted by weasle543 View Post
    Interesting story regarding my X & wifi at home with my Netgear WNR2000 router...

On 2.1 I could connect to my netgear WNR2000 router, data speeds were horrible, but the X would hold a wifi lock. Updated to 2.2, all was great for 3 days (wifi was fast) then the wifi lock loop started. Did 3 data wipes, same problem.

Went to my local vzw store and they exchanged my X for a new one. (Yes, I was beyond my 30 days and it really was a new X they gave me. Watched them take it out of the box and remove the sd card. The guys at the store kept asking me if I had rooted the phone because I have Fancy Widget. By the time I left the sales guy had Fancy Widget on his Fascinate...gotta love it when you school the vzw sales people...LOL). Anyway. Wiped my old X before I gave it back. Swapped sd cards. Booted the new X and brought it straight home without adding anything to it. Same issue, stuck in wifi lock loop...scanning, connecting, obtaining IP...scanning...

*note I've had no issues with any of the other wireless devices connecting to the netgear router (kodak printer, 3 ipods, xbox, 2 laptops)

Went and bought a Belkin Share router, the X connected right away no problems, haven't seen the lock loop yet. Has been solid for over a week.

Only problem I've had with the Belkin is I can't print from the desktop computer. Belkin connected to WAN, Netgear is hard lined to the Belkin. All but 2 wireless devices are connected to the Netgear router (X, and Xbox). So I'm running 2 routers (set to different channels). Yeah it sucks, but it works...
    in this post: http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post208554
    is a link to wifi issues post, that discusses what brands of router have issues and what those issues are, and how to fix/workaround them... really helped me from buying a new router all together...

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    Did he say anything about the broken bootloader? Things been broken since launch...

sent by me on my X
    lol. Good one.
    a little obsessive...
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Hope there's a fix for the absent ability to have speed dial. Sure miss that.
    Always learning ...

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
    I am surprised to not see it on the list, its such a blatant error. I thinks its due to people not using the feature therefore its not brought up. Still no excuse.

If a problem is not listed, go post it to the thread on the Motorola forum. The moderator even asks that you do this, so they are aware of what to check out and fix. Reporting the problems, is how you get them solved; not griping about it here.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I don't trust those guys. Im still waiting for my email notification about 2.2 being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
    I actually accidentally figured out how to fix this...

Open up the phone and go to your Contacts through there in the tabs at the top of the page. Scroll through your contacts and long press on the ones you want and edit their speed dial. This worked for me, and was the only way I could get it to.

I know they shouldn't have screwed this up in 2.2, and I agree that this is a BLATANT error that needs to be fixed, but luckily there is a work around for the time being.

Now if I could actually connect my phone to my computer and get the SD card to work...