Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default speed dial errrrrr

trying to set contacts to 1-9 speed dial on my droidx. it asks me to set contact for speed dial but when i select contact it does not save ... very annoying

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had the same issue. Just gave up...nobody else seems to think this is much of a thing other than me - anybody find a solution yet?

Global Posts
    8,984 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgo113 View Post
    trying to set contacts to 1-9 speed dial on my droidx. it asks me to set contact for speed dial but when i select contact it does not save ... very annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by jetalc View Post
    I have had the same issue. Just gave up...nobody else seems to think this is much of a thing other than me - anybody find a solution yet?
    I dont really use speed dial but I wanted to see if it worked on mine having read this thread.

It did work for me and I guess saved now .
    When I look at the contacts I can see a little 2 under the contact's name with speed dial number saved to button 2.(my voicemail was already saved to button 1 by default)

I just opened up my dial pad , then MENU button>speed dial setup>add speed dial to the blank spots I want ,when I touch the blank spot it opens up my contact list , I choose the one I want and it adds it doesn't show a "save" button but shows a (-) to the right of the speed dial contact "if " or "when" you may want to change it .
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,634 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that works on your X, you have more capabilities than the rest of us. For me, absolutely NOTHING works to add a contact to speed dial list, either working from the dialer or from the contact. On 2.1, you could go either way.

I really miss this and used it a lot, especially when driving. I sure hope it's one of the things included whenever Moto/Verizon issues a fix.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried Dialer One? It's free, works great, does a fantastic job of searching contacts as you start entering a name on the dialer pad, and of coarse, it has speed dial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
    If that works on your X, you have more capabilities than the rest of us. For me, absolutely NOTHING works to add a contact to speed dial list, either working from the dialer or from the contact. On 2.1, you could go either way.

I really miss this and used it a lot, especially when driving. I sure hope it's one of the things included whenever Moto/Verizon issues a fix.
    well, happy to report that i'm not in the "rest of us" category. works fine for me. contacts, speed dial setup, select the contact, and it is saved there...

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to get one contact to save in the '2' spot, but can't get anything to save in the other spots...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Speed Dial

Hey guys,
    my first 5 tries to edit my speed dial list failed but this worked.

Instead of searching for contacts.. i simply scrolled down the list and added them.
    Worked like a charm, do not search by typing in names.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It worked for me too! Sweet! Thanks for thinking of that...I now have my speed dials back!