Stock email client

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I've been using the stock email client and all has been well. However, last night I stopped getting emails and even today I'm not getting any.

I know I'm getting emails on the account im using because I checked on my computer.

Any advice?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you go into the email client and manually refresh it, does it pull in new emails? Mine does, it just hasn't automatically gone out and fetched emails and given me any notifications in over a week. Maybe it's their way of forcing me to move everything to gmail as its notifications arrive immediately.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I can manually fetch it, but I should be able to just automatically fetch it and get it. I haven't had a problem with it since last night and I am still not getting any emails.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It's annoying that it's gotten to the point where my enV touch did a better job with fetching emails. With the touch, it might do a good job with notifications for a day, then it might not work at all the next day. When I called Verizon about it, they suggested that I return it for a BlackBerry. My Droid X worked perfectly even a week after I did the Froyo update, and then email fetching just stopped. I guess I'm going to have to give one of the 3rd party email apps a try.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any other ideas on what I could do to hopefully get my emails through the integrated email application on my droid x? I tried K-9 and maildroid and wasn't really a fan of either. I really like the stock email client when it actually works, but nothing seems to work.

I tried deleting my account and reinstalling, nothing worked.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any other ideas on what I could do to hopefully get my emails through the integrated email application on my droid x? I tried K-9 and maildroid and wasn't really a fan of either. I really like the stock email client when it actually works, but nothing seems to work.

I tried deleting my account and reinstalling, nothing worked.

The reason MD and K9 was written was because the stock client really does not work well and has poor features.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually just switched back to your program mail droid. It's the one that worked best for me before.

One question is there anyway when I bring down my notification bar that my account automatically opens rather than having to click it and then go in and read the email.

I want it to open the unread email automatically from the notification bar.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually just switched back to your program mail droid. It's the one that worked best for me before.

One question is there anyway when I bring down my notification bar that my account automatically opens rather than having to click it and then go in and read the email.

I want it to open the unread email automatically from the notification bar.

Not yet.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This seems crazy, but I just rooted my phone and all of my email problems seem to have gone away. I'm getting notifications again, and emails that were stuck in my Outbox for over a week suddenly went through.

Magic Rat#WN

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine was acting up this week too. Wonder if more than a coincidence? I changed my password on my corporate sync account and think that's when things went awry. It would no longer get email on its own whether it was gmail or corp sync. Went into my company owa and deleted the mobile device in options and everything started working again. Don't know why an issue with one account would cause issues with the other accounts but apparently it did.

travel2usoon

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know if there is a way with the stock email client to erase multiple mails rather than one at a time? I can't seem to find one through search or by playing.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know if there is a way with the stock email client to erase multiple mails rather than one at a time? I can't seem to find one through search or by playing.

Touch the check marks to the left of the emails ( as many as you would like) and a pop up at the bottom will ask if you would like to delete. Or you can click Menu and select "all" to delete.

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Newbie to Droid X and am at my wits end with emails. I have tried the stock (hardly ever worked) DL k9 several different times, will not work w/my Yahoo account. DL and have been using Maildroid but I constantly am refreshing to get emails. Is there a email program out there that actually works with both gmail and yahoo? Thxs in advance