Camera pictures in Gallery not displaying randomly.

ntowell

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing the Gallery issue where it won't load your 'Camera' pictures randomly? If I reopen the Gallery they will pop up, but there is absolutely no reason I should have to go into my Gallery twice half the time.

ntowell

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Removed my entire gallery so that it created it's own fresh one. Same thing. It's not consistent, but is still not loading it occasionally. Turning into landscape mode makes it refresh and reload out as well as backing out and reloading it. No other apps I have access it except for the stock software in android (text msging, google talk, etc.) Factory reset with sd card wipe and backup data turned off still didn't fix the issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

karlac#AC

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Where was the gallery bug listed on the motorola official bug list?

Not specifically, unless it is included in the "media" fix, but there is plenty of discussion about the gallery issue so Moto has to be aware of it.

BTW, the "bug list", if you can call it that, was apparently just updated a few minutes ago, although I see no real changes:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/256095#256095

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been dealing with the same issue you described. I discovered something rather awkward too. As you said, it only happens with the phone is in portrait mode...I've noticed that too. The last time I did a wipe, I deliberately held off taking any photos with the phone so that the "camera roll" folder wouldn't even be created. I discovered that whatever folder happens to be in THAT position, will randomly not display the thumbnails. Since I haven't taken any photos with the X, a folder named "Folders" sits in that corner. On a few occasions, the heading shows up, but no thumbnails until I change the phones orientation. So it's not the camera pictures folder specifically, it's whatever folder happens to sit in that spot.