Will cutting the battery pull tab void my warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my droid, I ripped off the battery pull tab when I saw that it said "pull." I fixed it by taping it back together with electrical tape. Recently, the camera on my DX broke and I was just sent a certified like new DX. I'm concerned that when I send them back my old Droid X, they're going to tell me they can't accept it because of the battery pull tab and charge me full price or something for the new certified phone. Below is a picture of how it looks. Does anyone think I should be concerned about this? If so, then I can get around it by removing the intact battery tab on the certified like new device and switch it (after pulling off the ESN tab). It would be a pain to do that though so I only want to do it if necessary. Thanks.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5857/2010101412593931.jpg

unseenme#WN

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
lol @ 'it said pull'...sorry dude but that's kinda funny...

I've sent back a Pre that had a chip in it from where I dropped it & they didn't charge me (i sent it back for keyboard issues). I'm sure you're ok with the battery tab thingy.

still lol tho...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The issue with misunderstanding the "pull" tab has been recognized by Motorola -- you are one of a multitude who thought the same thing. I think (but don't know for sure) they were planning to handle this differently in the future. So ,likely this is a common issue for Verizon.

To be sure, though, you probably should check with Verizon on their policy... or just take the X into a store for your return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty