Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Real HDMI/MOUSE

Hey guys, I looked around for a topic like this but no show. I have real hdmi for the droid X and would like to control the screen on the TV, monitor, etc with a mouse instead of blindly scrolling around.

At hack a day they have a hack to allow you to use usb peripherals.

Anybody know based on this if you can use a usb mouse or blue tooth mouse to navigate on the actual droid pages and scroll around?

I have a hdmi monitor in my car and would like to transfer my phone to the monitor using real hdmi and navigate using a mouse.

Now I can have an 10inch droid x....
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

Not quite what you're looking for, but if you've got access to a computer you can use that to control your X (or even another Android or anything else able to run a VNC viewer).
    HDMI and Droid VNC
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)

{bump} Has any one used "Real HDMI" with a bluetooth mouse? Can you then navigate on the big screen with the mouse?

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

Do you have a Bluetooth mouse working now? If so, it should work just fine with RealHDMI. If not, get that working first since it'll be the tough part. Here's a starter link, but it's not highly rated (and I don't have a BT mouse to test with):
    BlueInput demo for Android | AppBrain.com
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)

Bluetooth mouse works on stock Droid X, kinda. You dont need any special app to conect the BT mouse to your droid x. I turned on my Real HDMI and connected the mouse and it works but the only thing is it is really sesitive and there is no pionter, no arrow nothing. (Android does not have a cusor in its programming) It just moves around highlighting apps so you cant see where you are untill it highlights somthing. But it works for now. I know somthing will come along soon to fix this maybe an app or update. But it does work.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I wonder how a Wiimote would work?
    mmmm Donuts... and Cyanogen Nightlies... Got CM? GS III CM10.1 NookColor CM10.1 TouchPad CM10 XperiaPlay StkGB iMito MX2 Finnless 1.5

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

Quote Originally Posted by micl9 View Post
    I wonder how a Wiimote would work?
    Pretty well, as long as you don't have Sense
    Wiimote controller - Android app on AppBrain
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)

OK Droid X with GB has a mouse curser and works fantastic with a BT mouse!!!
    Thanked by:

Hoping that since the Droid X2 has the screen imaging feature there is a way to port this feature to Droid X...
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...