Whats The Best Custom Battery Config?

andyp714

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello at the moment i use nightime saver mode and i would like to know what is the best custom battery config to make..I like to browse the internet alot especially youtube so my phone battery is always running low fast after about 5-6 hrs.Anyone have a good custom battery config i can use Plz and thx =]

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Juice Defender is the best "config" for extending your battery life. Even better than the Moto extended battery (a worthy buy).

The only downside is learning how to get the most out of it. The right options can make a BIG difference. However, even "out of the box", it works well.

Scott

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly what i had the best luck with was SetCPU and rooting my phone.

I recently went from the 2.2 leak to 2.2 OTA so i'm seeing what type of battery life i get without SetCPU and then with it again.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Best thing you could do is buy the verizon extended battery. I've had it for a couple of weeks now, and I've not had a single day go by that doesn't end with 30 to 50% battery left.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don’t even have my X yet, but this discovery that I made is what sealed the deal on what droid to get.

SEIDIO is making a 2800mAh battery for the Droid X. It will be released soon, I have no idea when though… hopefully not too long. I kept looking at the HTC’s just because of the 3500mAh bats that are out there for those makes, but I couldn’t find anything for the X. :( That is until I went to the Manufactures website, and sure enough there it was… the saving grace for all smart phones – the extended life battery.

Verizon’s original is only 1540 and the extended from Verizon is only 1830… that is just pathetic, but this unreleased SEIDIO is what dreams are made of! 2800mAh!

Based on reviews of the other 3500 bats for HTC’s this should be a crowd pleaser at about $45, my closest guess.

Sorry that I am not much help with configuration settings and software resolutions and such, but this physical battery solution is what really sealed the deal for me and my X.

Here is a link:
Innocell 2800mAh Extended Life Battery For use with Motorola Droid X

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
thanks man whats the best configuration for juice defender?please and thanks

Just run the setup to start. Then set up a schedule (airplane mode/no audio from midnight to 7am for me). Then go into apps and click on the ones you want to be allowed direct access to data when they need it (e.g. browser, weather, mail, etc.). You can tell because they will have green up/down arrows.

Then just tweak it as you go. In the pull down menu from the main screen (where the time is displayed), you should see the Juice Defender "row" and it will indicate how many times better battery life you are getting. Since my last set of tweaks (each phone/apps set will have different "right" settings) I've been averaging over 2x better battery life. SWEET! Of course, perhaps some of that is because the app is taking credit for some of the improved battery life due to the extended battery (~20-30% for the battery alone). I don't know.

Anyway, enjoy!

Scott

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I use Maximum battery saver, I have gotten 26 hrs. till 30%. This is on a stock X. I use it quite alot,Internet usage will eat the battery no matter what you use. It's the nature of the Beast.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The seidio battery will be over $65 and will add serious bulk to the phone, not to mention seidio has a bad track record on their batteries. The motorola extended battery gives you about 20-30% more life while only adding 1mm.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The seidio battery will be over $65 and will add serious bulk to the phone, not to mention seidio has a bad track record on their batteries. The motorola extended battery gives you about 20-30% more life while only adding 1mm.

I just figured as a guess that the price for the 2800mAh battery would be about $45, because the 3500mAh batteries that Seidio makes cost $52. Sure they add to the profile of the phone and in some cases that is acceptable. The X has the slimmest profile of any phone yet, and its battery compartment is located in the recessed portion, therefore it might not be more pronounced than the bulge for the camera.

The reviews on other sites for the Seidio batteries are quite excellent, (Amazon). I am not sure where you get the bad track record from or the price… could you please provide a link?

In my opinion, 19 - 25%battery life from Motorola’s bat isn’t much of an extension ( I have seen numbers anywhere from 1830mAh - 1940mAh). The Seidio offers almost 82% more battery capacity, that is HUGE! Like I said, that is worth the added bulk for some people.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci