Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DX Volume Level is horrible -- at best!

I got my DX on Friday and while I do love most everything about it, the sound/volume on it is well, horrible at best. The ringer on it isn't great, the music you can barely hear and watching videos you have to cup the back of the phone to really hear the words.

I've had my hearing checked recently and it's perfectly fine lol, but the sound on this has nothing on my D1.

I have read somewhere the Motorola is looking to fix this issue? Looking, being the operative word here. If they don't bring a fix to it soon, this could be a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone have any news or updates on the possibility of Motorola fixing this anytime soon?

Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Im not so sure its a device wide issue. Mine is perfectly fine. Good and loud. Then again I dont need it to be ear drum bursting and if I am listening to music I use headphones.

Mine works fine too. I would go to the verizon store and get a replacement.
    Loving my Samsung GS2

I would definitely swap it out. I've heard the droid x has a nice loud ringer.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the responses, I just may exchange it out. Additionally, part of my concerns is that I'm comparing it to the D1 and my wifes D2. :/ There's really no comparing the X to these models. Imho, you can't beat either the D1 or 2 in sound.

No you are tot correct. The DX can't hold the D1's jock when it comes to the external speaker, One of the first things I noticed when I got my DX. I even had it replaced due to a blown phone speaker, the external one is just plain weak.

There is an app on the market called louder volume hack. It requires root and a custom rom, but from what I can gather, it doesn't work on many phones & def won't work on the DX cuz the kernel hasn't been hacked yet...

Quote Originally Posted by m3commish View Post
    Thanks for the responses, I just may exchange it out. Additionally, part of my concerns is that I'm comparing it to the D1 and my wifes D2. :/ There's really no comparing the X to these models. Imho, you can't beat either the D1 or 2 in sound.
    So then don't compare the two. All phones have strengths and weaknesses. You need to decide which one you're going to focus on. If you can't live with the speaker situation, go back to the D1 or D2. Though, I wouldn't expect any phone to have a great sound system...it's not a boom box, it's a phone.

My speakers sound good, but I'm usually listening to it via a head set. I don't think everyone around me would want to here what I'm listening to anyway.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

it's not a boom box, it's a phone.
    QFT!

My speakers sound good, but I'm usually listening to it via a head set. I don't think everyone around me would want to here what I'm listening to anyway.
    Yeah I do not see much reason to blare music and stuff out loud unless you with a group of friends in a , "Hey dude check this out..." situation.

Sent from my HTC Merge using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Quote Originally Posted by m3commish View Post
    I got my DX on Friday and while I do love most everything about it, the sound/volume on it is well, horrible at best. The ringer on it isn't great, the music you can barely hear and watching videos you have to cup the back of the phone to really hear the words.

I've had my hearing checked recently and it's perfectly fine lol, but the sound on this has nothing on my D1.

I have read somewhere the Motorola is looking to fix this issue? Looking, being the operative word here. If they don't bring a fix to it soon, this could be a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone have any news or updates on the possibility of Motorola fixing this anytime soon?

Yeah, the speaker is pretty weak compared to some other devices like the Droid Incredible but that's just the way it is. Probably nothing wrong with your phone.

My phone is really loud. The only gripe i seem to have is my alarm is really quiet even with the alarm ringtone turned all the way up?

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    My phone is really loud. The only gripe i seem to have is my alarm is really quiet even with the alarm ringtone turned all the way up?

Sit it next to a Incredible, you'll be surprised...

My Dinc seemed to wake me up just fine. idk, i changed the alarm to some of my music that i have on the phone so we will see if that makes a difference. I def don't have any problems with the over all volume though.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

My Dinc seemed to wake me up just fine. idk, i changed the alarm to some of my music that i have on the phone so we will see if that makes a difference. I def don't have any problems with the over all volume though.

Yeah, the Droid Incredible is much louder I'm saying, it's very easy to tell when they're both cranked up playing music.

Oh, right on. Ya i thought i was going crazy i was like uhhh, im pretty sure my inc was louder than this?

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Oh, right on. Ya i thought i was going crazy i was like uhhh, im pretty sure my inc was louder than this?
    LOL, yeah I was pretty surprised when I tested the two against each other, the Droid incredible almost totally drowned out the dX

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I use Ringleader and it does seem to help increase the volume a bit. But it could just be my old ears.lol

The volume on the leaked froyo was much improved. Official froyo is unchanged from eclair.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk