I took the plunge

anon(26457)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I posted this at another site, but thought I'd drop it here as well. I suppose I'm a bit excited---

I've finally done it. I ordered a Droid X from Walmart {dot} com for the tidy sum of $79. I couldn't resist it at that price and it will be here Wednesday.

I am coming from an iPhone 3Gs on AT&T. I am not switching because of network issues - I haven't had any problems. I'm not switching because of "antennagate" - my wife's iPhone 4 is just fine. I just found something very appealing about Android and about the Droid X in particular.

Dual antennas - we do live in a rural area and while I haven't had any issue with AT&T service, an extra antenna never hurts.

Three microphones - I have 3 young sons, and the audio quality of videos is important to me, too. Any help with call quality is great, too.

Dedicated camera button - see above. Anything that speeds up camera access is a plus.

The screen - while the iPhone 4's screen is gorgeous (it really is), I just can't get past the extra real estate. I have big hands.

Like I said - I don't have any major issues with AT&T or Apple or the iPhone. It's a great product and, for many people, is just what they need (my dad, for one).

Jesse

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Welcome aboard. I haven't used the Droid X myself, but I'm sure you'll love it. Android is really coming of age, and I'm glad it's really giving iOS a run for its money now.

Can't wait to read your first impressions.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations and welcome. Have fun being able to customize your phone to make it be what you want it to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1