Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Exclamation how to add pictures off old sd card

Hey everyone,

Got my X yesterday and so far, I can't be more than thrilled. I tried bringing over my pictures that were in folders onto my X from my BB by transferring them to my laptop...and then over here to the X. Here's the problem though; when I tap on gallery....only nine pictures show up..and not the rest of my photos or videos. When i look up "files" though......all the folders are there! What is the better way to transfer your media over?

Also...my battery drained 20% last night on nightime saver mode. I only have the toggle widgets, google search widget, and sticky notes widget running...and i forced closed all unnecessary apps before gointo bed. Is this an acceptable battery drop overnight? Just curious so i can start judging how to manage my battery. Thanks!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

under album settings do you have show all checked?
    I have a DINC so it may be a different app.

You could try copying them into your DCIM\pictures directory.

As to the battery, I'm not a fan of widgets (except for Beautiful Widgets). I'm sure there are some great ones, but there are also plenty that drain the battery. I've found some calendar widgets to be particularly draining on my phone. You could try removing all of them and run your X for a day. Use that as a benchmark then add some back slowly and see if any of them cause you problems.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Hey everyone,

Got my X yesterday and so far, I can't be more than thrilled. I tried bringing over my pictures that were in folders onto my X from my BB by transferring them to my laptop...and then over here to the X. Here's the problem though; when I tap on gallery....only nine pictures show up..and not the rest of my photos or videos. When i look up "files" though......all the folders are there! What is the better way to transfer your media over?

Also...my battery drained 20% last night on nightime saver mode. I only have the toggle widgets, google search widget, and sticky notes widget running...and i forced closed all unnecessary apps before gointo bed. Is this an acceptable battery drop overnight? Just curious so i can start judging how to manage my battery. Thanks!
    To the OP. When you go into your gallery you see 9 folders. Are one of the folders called "Folders"? If so click on that. You should the folders your images you added are in. The gallery on the Droid X works differently then on other android devices.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

First off...thanks for all the help! I was very excited when I first got the phone, and needed to intall everything right away so I could just sit and let the phone blow my mind of the day.

Still had the problem this morning, but installed the extended battery (yes....had to do a "battery pull"), and fully charged it. Just as I logged on now to see what you all have suggested,....I plugged my phone in again to ake sure everyhting was there....after unplugging it (made no changes)....all the folders were shown in the gallery! Could the battery pull have done something good?

I don't want to get overly excited about this phone yet, but good Lord is this thing awesome. I hope many good times with it! If it could last me the two years like my treo did....I'd be very happy. I can't wait to finaly get another good experience with a phone! Thanks again!

P.S. Do you guys/gals suggest I get tappatalk eventhough I'm not a daily poster on this forum. I only write in two for now (this one and a Triumph one)....is the app too resource intense for such a limited use kind of guy?
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Yes get Tapatalk! I cant live without it. I have this forum, XDA forums, and a Ford forum saved as my favorites for quick access.

Also yes when you did the bettery pull and the phone turned back on it re initialized the SD card. Kind of like re-reading the SD card for data.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Thanks again!