Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default annoying text message not sent notification DROID X

    (DROID X)

    ok so i keep getting a notification on my status bar saying that i have 3 unsent text messages.

    i deleted all my conversations, and even reset my phone countless times, even pulled the batery straight out and nothing.

    Everytime i open my (stock) txt app the message still pops up.

    did/ does anyone have this problem

    HELP ME PLEASE
  2. #2  
    DroidDev's Avatar
    Superstar Status

    Posts
    701 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP M5 / Franco

    Default

    Are you getting decent cell coverage for you are?


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    full service which is why i dont understand why it woulld still be doing this
  4. #4  
    TUNDRA35's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Carrier
    unlocked and rooted

    Default

    Yeah man I had this problem and the only way I got rid of it was to do a factory reset.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    @ tundra35

    thats what i was thinking of doing but i gota make sure i back up everything
  6. #6  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default

    This happened to me today, but with my emails. I kept getting a notice that my email failed to send. I turned WiFi off and it solved the problem. Not sure if this will help your situation.

    ***I guess I never noticed that you cannot send emails when WiFi is on.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    i never have wifi on.

    i just tried it and nothing
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    This happened to me today, but with my emails. I kept getting a notice that my email failed to send. I turned WiFi off and it solved the problem. Not sure if this will help your situation.

    ***I guess I never noticed that you cannot send emails when WiFi is on.
    you can most definetly send emails with wifi turned on. I do it everyday.
  9. #9  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racinwarrior View Post
    you can most definetly send emails with wifi turned on. I do it everyday.
    I thought that was strange. I guess I will have to trouble shoot why I cannot send emails when WiFi is turned on. Any thoughts?
  10. #10  

    Default

    I also have great service but alot when sending messages i get natinational coverage not available. Then unsent Msg icon



    Quote Originally Posted by N8psycho View Post
    (DROID X)

    ok so i keep getting a notification on my status bar saying that i have 3 unsent text messages.

    i deleted all my conversations, and even reset my phone countless times, even pulled the batery straight out and nothing.

    Everytime i open my (stock) txt app the message still pops up.

    did/ does anyone have this problem

    HELP ME PLEASE
  11. #11  

    Default

    I get this too...very very annoying. Usually if I resend it, it goes through but the other day it required a restart and then texts went through.

    Close to topic...I am getting a memory issue with texts too...saying my memory is full...??? I have gigabytes left, plenty of ram. It wont let me open the sms app or anything at first so I have lost texts...annoying
  12. #12  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racinwarrior View Post
    you can most definetly send emails with wifi turned on. I do it everyday.
    If you don't mind me asking what settings are you using? Also, what email program are you using and is it POP3? I cannot get mine to work.
  13. #13  
    jiggyb's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

    Default

    I too use email everyday without coverage. I have gmail and yahoo, setup however the phone set it up.

    My issue on topic of the OP is that I often get the "not sent" error message and for quite a while I would naturally resend over and over until I stopped getting the message and the time and date stamp looked "normal" for a sent message. But some of the time I would get a response from a friend to stop sending the same message over and over again. And they were in real time too. So in other words it would say it failed when it sent.

    So I've been letting the phone do its thing after it says failed because I think it keeps trying. But I have yet to figure out how you know it sent after initial failure.
  14. #14  
    A1C
    A1C is offline
    A1C's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts

    Default

    This problem is with motoblur. The text messages are also stored in the contact history. And there will be times where if its not sent, the reminder will still occur even though you took care of it in the message app. The way I have found to fix this is to either go into the contact history and delete the unsent text, or what I have done, root and get a blurless rom.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what settings are you using? Also, what email program are you using and is it POP3? I cannot get mine to work.
    I dont think it is the settings on the phone as to why the emails dont send over wifi (probably router settings). I use pop-server email,outlook express (actually dont use gmail account except for contact phone numbers)

    For example I can send email's tho WiFi's just fine over my router and some other friends routers , there is one friends I can not tho, so that's why I say router settings must be the culprit
  16. #16  
    jiggyb's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A1C View Post
    This problem is with motoblur. The text messages are also stored in the contact history. And there will be times where if its not sent, the reminder will still occur even though you took care of it in the message app. The way I have found to fix this is to either go into the contact history and delete the unsent text, or what I have done, root and get a blurless rom.
    What ROM do you have? You happy with it? Is it hard to install? My background comes from BB Hybrids and I have rooted my DroidX as well as gone back to 2.1 and back to rooted. I know it's not a lot, but I feel comfortable messing around with my Android.
  17. #17  
    A1C
    A1C is offline
    A1C's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts

    Default

    I am currently using Apex v1.0 but with rom manager its easy to switch roms. I flash a new rom a week just to keep things fresh. Any rom will do, just make sure you back up using bootstrap or clockwork before you flash anything.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default

    @rjdangerous

    yea i get that sometimes to but i just resend those and it clears that one up
    but i still have that damn notification

Posting Permissions