anyone tried the fascinate?

jredecop#IM

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I know this may be the wrong place to ask but...have you. If you have why did u go or stay with the x..im thinking about making the switch.

irishpride

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Incredible, DX and the Fascinate and I have to say the Fascinate wins, the screen is so much better it has far less lag(voodoo) than either of the other phones.

But heh, everyone is looking for something different in a phone, you just have to decide what's important to you.

Sent From My Galaxy S

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
i went with the X over the Fascinate because it feels more durable in my hands than the Fascinate, the 8 megapixel camera, the LED notification light and i wasn't to sure how i liked the Touch Wiz interface when i played with the Fascinate

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i went with the X over the Fascinate because it feels more durable in my hands than the Fascinate, the 8 megapixel camera, the LED notification light and i wasn't to sure how i liked the Touch Wiz interface when i played with the Fascinate

I had both the X and fascinate and my buddy has the inc. I chose the X. It its the best one I think. The partitioned ram on the sg didn't make me happy, and the samsung had/has connection issues (mine did). The hdmi out on the x is awesome, and having 8 gigs of rom is nice too. the built tough motorola x would be downgrading going to the sgs.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have owned a incredible, Fascinate and droidX (in that order) over the fascinate and the droidx i am currently using the dX again. The fascinate was nice... but the no notification LED was a big thing for me to not have. The Screen was super nice though and i do miss that. But the dX is a great phone and i am super happy with it.

wabadroid

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
There are many DX vs Fascinate pros and cons in this section if you do a search.
I had the Fascinate for a few days and swapped for the DX. The GPS and reception were the main problems for me and they were major problems where I work, the X has no problem with either, other than that, the Fascinate is a great phone. My husband got a Fascinate at the same time and he loves his.

After using the X and then playing with his Fascinate, the SF colors, which at first seemed gorgeous and vibrant, now seem almost cartoonishly amplified.
The battery life was not as good for me with the Fascinate as the X.
Now I have the 1930mah extended battery for the X and am on my second day of charge with moderate use, love that.
Some complain about the size and weight of the DX, to me it feels solid and well made. The Fascinate feels plastic-y and fragile after getting used to the X.
I've heard the generalization that men prefer the DX and women the Fascinate because it's a bit smaller and has more of the "cute" factor.....I'm a woman and I love my DX !
I've heard complaints about the DX camera with regard to picture quality. My first thought was, so get a camera then!! I'm not buying a phone to take pictures !!
Some people feel the SF camera , although spec-wise not as nice, is more user friendly and takes better pictures. My take after using them both is that the DX camera seems more like a real digital camera than a typical phone camera. Take some time to read up on how to use it. I've taken some fantastic pictures. It really does help if you depress the camera button slightly to let it focus and then push it down, otherwise, you will be taking a LOT of out of focus pics.
I think one of the reasons there is so much debate is that they are both fantastic phones and there is no clear winner. Play with both and see what works best for you.

digix

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and I have no idea why everybody would say the screen is better because it is very pixelated and it has a blue tint. I used it for a while and switched back to the driod x while I still could, only because of the bad screen. the only explanation I can think of is, ppl are biased, and very much so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza