Why can't I find Overclocker and Satellite Flybys in the Market?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the original leaked 2.2 and rooted. I've got 2 apps that I want to buy, DX/D2 Overclocker and Satellite Flybys, but neither show up on my phone when I search for them in the Market. Anyone know why? Both of them say "no matches found" but I can find them fine on my PC.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You need your build props fixed. Using rom manager dl rom then click beesley then the first build prop. Search in market for us bank. If you only have about 4 your not getting the whole market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't really want to run a rom. I like my phone the way it's set up right now. Is there any other way I can get an app to download or maybe another way to purchase, download the apk and sideload the app?

Can I get this beasly build props fix without otherwise changing my setup?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't really want to run a rom. I like my phone the way it's set up right now. Is there any other way I can get an app to download or maybe another way to purchase, download the apk and sideload the app?

Can I get this beasly build props fix without otherwise changing my setup?

If you have root you could.

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Rom manager is an app that allows you to download and install roms, but you don't have to. When used with the dx bootstrap, you can make nandroid backups that are useful for restoring your phone to a previous state if something goes awry. You can only use rom manager if you are rooted, however.

It's easy enough to use if you are rooted. Go into download rom and find beesley's build.props. (These are just files that affect your current rom without changing it. Truthfully, the changes are mostly noticeable if you are looking for something, like the market fix.) Download and install the one that applies to your set up, i.e. leaked froyo or OTA froyo. There is more info on them if you just search around online.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It's easy enough to use if you are rooted. Go into download rom and find beesley's build.props. (These are just files that affect your current rom without changing it. Truthfully, the changes are mostly noticeable if you are looking for something, like the market fix.) Download and install the one that applies to your set up, i.e. leaked froyo or OTA froyo. There is more info on them if you just search around online.

OK, I did this, downloaded Rom manager, then the build props, elected to not perform any of the backups or extras (just did a nandroid backup yesterday), just install it. Now I'm sitting at the screen with the little android, and a triangle with an exclamation point in it. What do I do from here...as specifically as possible please.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I really need some help. I hit the menu button from my little android screen and there are green text selections rebbot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, bla, bla, bla.

Further down the screen is some white text that says
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6
Finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)
E:signature varification failed
Installation aborted

What (specifically please) do I do now?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Never mind. I rebooted 2 more times (seems pretty fu cked up to me) and got back to my normal home screen. I searched the market for us banks and now have 10 results, but I still can NOT find/download either of the 2 apps I started this thread about.

Can anyone tell me how I can determine if the build.props was actually updated?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey tntdroid, can you try to search the market for either of these 2 apps and tell me if you find them?

DX/D2 Overclocker (the one by Unstable apps) and Satellite Flybys

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Tried to reflash the build.props (starting from re-downloading from Rom Manager) and got the exact same error result. Is putting the build.props on supposed to end in an error and you have to force a reboot, or does it normally install and reboot itself?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I did. That's why I said you need the build prop update. Both apps were found. Use the us bank search. Or search tmz. If tmz does not show up the build props need to be done. Might need to run bootstrapper to.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
grey darrah , you first need to download and run the droid x bootstrapper , by koushik . you bootsrap the recovery (top button) then run the build prop edits, then you will be right as rain. and yes the unstable apps are there , i checked.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
OK, I guess I need more detailed instruction. I'm missing something. I already have Koush's bootstrap. Here's what I do:

1. run the top button of bootstrap (Bootstrap Recovery). It says Success. I click OK and then close Bootstrap.
2. Launch the free version of Rom Manager
3. Select Download ROM
4. Select Beesley's Build.Props
5. Select Build.prop mods (the top item on this screen)
6. Select Download
7. Select OK (without checking the Swype box)
8. Select OK (without checking either backup existing ROM or Wipe Data and Cache)
9. Select OK onthe Reboot and Install dialog
10. Then stuck on the little android and exclamation point page.
11. After being stuck here for a few minutes, I click menu, then see the errors that I posted earlier in this post.
12. Select Advanced, then reboot rocovery
13. Stuck on little android page again, and hit search button, then select reboot sytem now (should I maybe select apply sdcard:update.zip instead???) and it reboots me to my home screen but I still can't find the apps (because I'm pretty sure the Build.props install failed).

What am I doing wrong?

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
your running the first leak of 2.2 , right ? did you not purchase the ROM manager app after installing the the free version . I beleive you need both versions.
After buying the RoM manager , push the top button "flash clockwork mod recovery"
then go to bootstrapper and hit top button , click ok after"sucess"
now go to download rom from birdman. in that section you will click the middle button "build.prop.mods"
Download then install with no wipe , if you want to back up current phone options do it . I suggest make backup.
Then install . should work just fine . do not push install from sdcard , there is nothing there to install.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
In bootstrapper after you click bootstrap recover and get success click ok. Then click reboot recovery. It will reboot. If it goes into recovery then select reboot. Then do all u did before. If you never flashed a rom it would never completed the bootstrap. Try that out.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
When you flash something (like the Build.props), after downloading the ROM and selecting OK on the Reboot and Install dialog, is it supposed to reboot the phone and then completely restart, back to your home screen (all by itself), or is it normal for it to hang for a minute or two on the android/exclamation point screen?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In bootstrapper after you click bootstrap recover and get success click ok. Then click reboot recovery. It will reboot. If it goes into recovery then select reboot. Then do all u did before. If you never flashed a rom it would never completed the bootstrap. Try that out.

&%!!!!!*&***!!! This is not how I wanted to be spending my Sunday! Thanks for all the help so far, but it's still not working. I did what you said first, then what gator said (buying the paid version of ROM Manager) and neither method did anything (and yes, I'm running the original version of the 2.2 leak). I still get stuck at after Reboot and Install and I still cannot find those two apps.

Any other ideas?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could take another look at the steps I'm going through (above) to see if I'm screwing something up.

Last edited:

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
&%!!!!!*&***!!! This is not how I wanted to be spending my Sunday! Thanks for all the help so far, but it's still not working. I did what you said first, then what gator said (buying the paid version of ROM Manager) and neither method did anything (and yes, I'm running the original version of the 2.2 leak). I still get stuck at after Reboot and Install and I still cannot find those two apps.

Any other ideas?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could take another look at the steps I'm going through (above) to see if I'm screwing something up.

Bummer dude... but I know what you're doing wrong. We'll get you running no worries.
So the ONLY issue you're having is that you're choosing the wrong package from beesley's build.prop mods. The first option ("Build.prop mods") is just a menu header. You actually have to choose one of the lower options. My opinion, use "OTA Market Fix - w/ Mods". So this is what you'll do:
Open ROM manager
Select Download ROM
Select Beesleys etc....
Scroll down and select "OTA Market Fix - w/ Mods"
Don't check backup, don't check wipe
Select ok to restart.
Done.

I have to say though, I'm a bit nervous about the whole process. Not that any of this is fairly dangerous, but maybe the leaked ROM isn't where you should be. The way I look at it, the only benefit to running an unofficial ROM these days is to get the benefits of de-blurring, or zip aligning, etc. If you don't want to run a cooked ROM, the OTA is going to be better for you. I can tell you for sure that the original leak had MANY issues which were either resolved with the OTA, or (as with many of us here) with successive leaks or cooked ROMs. If you need help returning to stock or updating your leak, I'd love to help; but I think you need to reconsider where you're at.

Reactions: greydarrah

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63