Droid X locking up and running hot.

xandercrews

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

While watching a movie on a flight this past week my phone started locking up and since then it's been all downhill. Initially I had no idea what the issue was so I uninstalled Beautiful Widgets and LauncherPro thinking they could be the issue. They were not and I installed Watchdog Lite to see what was causing my phone to be so sluggish. Anyway, I found out that "android.process.media" was consuming roughly 85-99% of my cpu's resources. The problem is I've tried shutting the service down within Android but Watchdog continues to show it starting up moments later.

So I guess my question is, can I stop this process from continually restarting or is there a way to check the cause of it using so much of the cpu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Try taking your sd card out of the phone, or put a spare sd card in the phone. It sounds like you have a corrupted file/filesystem on the card.

The problem should go away if you take the card out of the phone or replace the card with another one. Then to fix your original card, move your files and folders to your computer to back it up. Reformat the card in the phone, then move your files and folders back, starting with the essential stuff and test. If all is good, start adding back your folders and files back slowly and test in between till you have moved back everything you want, or you find a bad file.