Potential OG Droid to Droid X questions

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok So I've had my OG droid since it dropped last year and I'm thinking about switching up to an X. My biggest concern is blur. I hate moto for dumping blur on all the devices that I'd potentially like to own, but just how bad is it really? I'm used to running stock(rooted) so I use the stock messaging app, email, etc. So I ask, especially of those other Droid -> Droid X converts will I go into blur-shock or is it all hype?

And yes I do know that I could try the phone for 30 days but why bother if I think I'm not going to enjoy the experience.

G

GenericMessage

Ok So I've had my OG droid since it dropped last year and I'm thinking about switching up to an X. My biggest concern is blur. I hate moto for dumping blur on all the devices that I'd potentially like to own, but just how bad is it really? I'm used to running stock(rooted) so I use the stock messaging app, email, etc. So I ask, especially of those other Droid -> Droid X converts will I go into blur-shock or is it all hype?

And yes I do know that I could try the phone for 30 days but why bother if I think I'm not going to enjoy the experience.

Its entirely hype.

Although I prefer the stock 2.2 launcher to moto's, its very similar.

It comes with many neat widgets such as your social network widgets and messaging widget.

People in the android community just like to complain when people are messing with what they believe to be "their stuff"

It runs smoothly, it gives you options that stock android doesn't, and I have 0 complaints.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Blur widgets integrate well. They are better than vanilla. You can run launcher pro, and take advantage of blur widgets. I upgraded to the x from the OG...big difference.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the blur launcher. Some nice widgets come with it too. Not as nice as sense but its not near as bad as people say it is.