simulated battery pull

phreddyl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to do a simulated battery pull on the droid x if you are not rooted? All the apps I have seen look like phone has to be rooted. I really didnt want to root- like the phone as is but noticed sometimes the screen is not responsive and turning it off then on doesn't do the trick- works like a charm when I pull the actual battery- kind of a pain with the Seido case... thanks

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hmm that sounds like a software issue what apps are you running something is really hoging resources if you are having that issue

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The reason Blackberrys need a battery pull is because when you turn them "off", they only hibernate (this is why the alarm works when the phone is "off"). When you turn an Android device off, it actually turns off.

If you see a difference after a battery pull it may be that ol' placebo effect creeping up on ya.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Do a lot of battery pulls, and you will have a lot of orphaned files, like temp files, cluttering up everything even more. Think of Android OS like Windows, you don't want to pull the plug on your device each time you have a problem. You want to always shut the device down through the proper software, or hardware method if possible. The battery pull should be the last resort when all else fails.

jiggyb

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
An app called "extended controls" is awesome. One of the many icons for ur widgets is a reboot option. And you can set it for one of three kinds of reboots.

Jubz

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded an app called Fast reboot... seems to work good for me.

I wouldn't recommend this app. Had it, thought it worked great until I did a "Fast Reboot" and plugged in the USB; my PC wouldn't recognize it and said it there was a problem. Powered off/on and plugged in the USB which connected without any issues. I suspect that a needed process was 'task killed' and never turned back on with Fast Reboot. Who knows what other necessary processes were affected.

Powering off/on seems to be the best approach; no need for a batt pull on Android devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac