Need help - Can't playback recorded video

bsewall

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a Droid X a few days ago. Rooted it last night. And deleted a few "safe" system apps today (like Blockbuster, VX Navigator, etc).

I just tried to shoot a short video to check out the quality. The video recorder worked fine, said it recorded the video fine. When I look at the phone's Camera Roll, it shows a generic icon for the video, not a preview. When I transfer the video to my computer, it doesn't know how to play it back. When I try to play back the video on the phone, it says "Error. File cannot be displayed or played".

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

** SOLVED ** - Seems to be working fine now after doing a battery pull.

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

That's a bug with some X's. Sometimes it comes back. Sometimes it never.goes away.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a Droid X a few days ago. Rooted it last night. And deleted a few "safe" system apps today (like Blockbuster, VX Navigator, etc).

I just tried to shoot a short video to check out the quality. The video recorder worked fine, said it recorded the video fine. When I look at the phone's Camera Roll, it shows a generic icon for the video, not a preview. When I transfer the video to my computer, it doesn't know how to play it back. When I try to play back the video on the phone, it says "Error. File cannot be displayed or played".

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

** SOLVED ** - Seems to be working fine now after doing a battery pull.
probably didn't need to do the battery pull, a simple restart would have down the trick.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There is an issue with DX's after 2.2 that messes up media files. It has been commented on numerous times on the music side. Reboots cure it for a while, but they seem to come back.