Case and still use multi-media doc?

Knighthammer

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a case out there that will work with the multimedia doc? I use the multimedia doc at work so it would be difficult to take the X out of a case all the time.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
was this thread really needed? i mean not only are there like 5 other threads talking about and asking the same question that can easily be found using a search, but taking 2 seconds to look at you phone while it is in the dock would tell you that there isnt enough space to fit a case in there

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Which dock? There are numerous docks on the market. Siedio will probably release one that will work with their cases, they do for other phones. I have one for my BB that will accept a BB with or without one of their cases.

In addition, I have been looking at a dock and figuring out how to modify it so that you can slip in the phone with a case and still be able to charge it. Not really hard to figure out how, just might take some time. I would guess revising for a multi-media connection would be no more complicated than for a power feed.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
was this thread really needed? i mean not only are there like 5 other threads talking about and asking the same question that can easily be found using a search, but taking 2 seconds to look at you phone while it is in the dock would tell you that there isnt enough space to fit a case in there

Refer to my Signature please. He asked a legitimate question and there are more than enough people on here willing to help even if it is a 5th gen version of the question. You know you didnt HAVE to click the thread and read it....

Anyways, With a thin skin it will fit, mine does. Although I do not recommend it. It was made for the X without a skin.

Like the RETG said, Seidio will probably release a dock that will work with their cases. You could always make your own dock! I made one with some sheet metal, parts from the building materials dept of Lowe's Hardware, some high gloss black spray paint, cable from my GPS that I no longer need (it angles nicely under the dock), and a magnet. Looks very droidlike and industrial and I spent half the price of the over priced verizon one. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Theman#AC

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
NP. I like to inspire a little imagination. Sure EVERYONE has a dock from Verizon. But NO ONE has a metal Droid Dock with personality to actually match the Droid X's. Except me. I call it Jeffery.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463