1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FILE Download unsuccessful

System doesn't permit me to view/download a pdf file from a secure website().
    I don't wish to "root" my phone (to allow permission to write to "download" subdirectory), but would greatly appreciate a solution to this situation.
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by fourEOR View Post
    System doesn't permit me to view/download a pdf file from a secure website().
    I don't wish to "root" my phone (to allow permission to write to "download" subdirectory), but would greatly appreciate a solution to this situation.
    Lemme start by asking a question:

What browser are you using?

When i first saw this i thought it was going to be able MMS not working. My phone won't let me get MMS all the sudden this morning.
    GenericMessage

Quote Originally Posted by irishguy0224 View Post
    When i first saw this i thought it was going to be able MMS not working. My phone won't let me get MMS all the sudden this morning.
    What? That has nothing to do with this thread.

If you're having MMS problems contact Verizon

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I've had the same problem, but I never got a permission error though. When I clicked on the link, it just did nothing. I just figured the smartphone browsers couldn't do this. I was using Dolphin browser HD.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

This issue seems to be browser independent, since I have the same issue with the android browser AND dolphin HD.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I guess this one IS to difficult to solve.

Try a different browser. Give xScope (the free version) a shot.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I couldn't download music from sites like sendspace with the android browser... but dolphin hd works just fine
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I tried xScope v6 trial, and although the pdf file was downloaded, neither adobe or quickoffice could open it. Both reported "error opening file".

You have to download a pdf reader or viewer, search the market I have ween a number listed for free..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Angry battery manager

Following up on other forums input, I switched from Maximum battery saver to performance mode. . . . still NO luck. I can only hope the creators of the android operating system fix this soon!