I am one of the reasons there is tiered pricing...

SpartyOnDX

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
ok, so my first full month with my DX and I transfer a whopping (sit down) 5GB...that's FIVE gigabytes. I find this to be ridiculously awesome, a little root tether here, little root tether there, some dropbox action and what do you know I do something awesome! lol

Anyone else do this with just a phone and some tethering? Or did I really transfer alot?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I know it isn't the Droid X or Verizon, but there was a guy in the EVO/Sprint sections that got 51GB just a month or so ago. I wish I could find the thread, but haven't been able to.

It is legit too because he had screen shots from the Sprint website.

If I remember right, he had just moved or something & paid for the tethering service & was using the EVO as his home router

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought Verizon's unlimited was a 5 GB Max......are there extra charges for going over?

That is BS usually spread by other carriers when they say their plans are "truely unlimited". When I go on the VZW website, my plan shows my usage over UNLIMITED.

I don't know the exact wording on the data plan so I am just paraphrasing, but it says something like, the data plans are unlimited for "normal" use and they use the 5GB number as an example of what they consider normal. I don't recall it saying anything about being charged extra, or them kicking you off your plan, or anything. It is just an example of what they consider "normal" and "excessive".

anon(78353)

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So far I've been using 3-4 GB a month since I got my X, and am so loving the freedom to do everything I need without limits. I feel sorry for my iPhone bretheren

SpartyOnDX

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
wow ok, my 5GB is pretty puny then haha. That just seemed to be a lot coming from a blackberry. Then again RIM compresses everything before i get it...

G

GenericMessage

Cute.

Come fly with me and my 19-22gb months.

And 0 tethering.

Lets just say that I don't even touch a computer

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
How is that even possible??? I am not doubting you but I cant even imagine what you could be doing to get that high without tethering.
My home internet I use between 100-200 GB a month but I game and download a LOT of stuff

G

GenericMessage

How is that even possible??? I am not doubting you but I cant even imagine what you could be doing to get that high without tethering.
My home internet I use between 100-200 GB a month but I game and download a LOT of stuff

I do video-conferencing and stream pandora 24/7.

Do a lot of uploads/downloads from my drop box account and have 20-30 daily emails with attachments around 20mb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000