Edited contacts keep reverting

Phaang

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Droid X, Factory Froyo (2.2), stock Contacts app.
I cannot seem to get any edits to stick. I open the Contacts: Info screen, select "Edit" from the menu, make a change (i.e. delete an extra, incorrect phone number using the "-" and trash icon), hit "Save". It then displays the Contacts: Info screen again, with the changes. I'll close the app, then re-open, and it is reverted to the old info, prior to the edit.
I made sure there were no other linked profiles, this is happening with the Google profile. Any ideas?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
You can check online with your google contacts. See if it is updating it. Could be that is is resyncing with your google contact. Just an idea.

If not that I would reboot?

Reactions: Theman#AC

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
When I look on my Google Contacts page it shows NONE of my contacts from the phone..only a couple e-mail addresses. Is there some setting I have wrong? I also tried syncing my contacts with Lookout & it pulled the same couple e-mail addresses. I want my phone contacts backed up somewhere else. I do have Sync Contacts checked in Settings>Accounts.

Is there something I am missing?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
When I look on my Google Contacts page it shows NONE of my contacts from the phone..only a couple e-mail addresses. Is there some setting I have wrong? I also tried syncing my contacts with Lookout & it pulled the same couple e-mail addresses. I want my phone contacts backed up somewhere else. I do have Sync Contacts checked in Settings>Accounts.

Is there something I am missing?

Nothing?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are using Google for your contacts or calendar (and you should), you will be able to make the changes on your pc or the X and both will sync immediately. Make sure your pc and X are set to sync right away.

Otherwise, make the changes on your pc and manually sync to the X.

I can't emphasize this enough - beware the Verizon contact backup app. It will add multiple (and old) contact info, screw up you sync capabilities and generally force you to a Factory Data Reset. If you get to this point, do not - DO NOT - activate the Verizon backup app. Ignore it forever. Your contacts will be backed up on Goggles Gmail.

Verizon is building a web capability for its cell users that immitates the Gmail experience. It competes with Gmail to an increasing extent. Many of your contact problems will be resolved if you just use Google and Gmail .... even if you can't use a Gmail email address. Gmail will "fetch" your pop 3 email accounts and send to your X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol