Android and Windows SD Card issues

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone enlighten me on a solution to Windows constantly wanting to delete files from sd card when the system wants to do a disk error check.. At times when I connect my unit as a Mass Storage the windows system wants to remove videos,photos and personal files when the pc does a error check. This is starting to become irritating because if I do not backup my SD Card regularly I am bound to have something vanish next time a check happens again.

Is there a app that I can use to check card through android, so far I havent found a app that is for this feature but I may be overlooking something? Also may a app that will allow me to lock a file from being deleted or edited without permission/

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you do a backup by designating your SD card as a USB flash drive? Then you can just drag/drop your files into a folder on your PC or visa versa.

To do this, plug in the X via USB, on the home screen pull down menu, press the "USB Connection notification" and select USB Mass Storage.

From that point on, the X is seen as a flash drive by your PC. Create a folder on the PC and use it for backup of X folders. You could have two sub-folders - a current folder for the backup you are now doing, and one for the previous backup. Then you can delete previous ones to avoid accumulating too many backups.

BYW, you can drag/drop music, videos, photos, regular files, ringtones, etc. this way. Much simpler than depending on apps to do the job.

PS - I do not use the Moto PC app that keeps wanting to install with every USB connection. Just close it. That app only makes things more complicated, as far as I can determine.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you have another sd card you could try in the phone? I've never heard of this happening, but it almost sounds like Windows is detecting some sort of serious error on your card.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have another sd card you could try in the phone? I've never heard of this happening, but it almost sounds like Windows is detecting some sort of serious error on your card.

Yes I tried another card from my Imagio and it did the same thing after a few days of use, I got in the habit of canceling the check to avoid this happening, I read a few other sites that reported the same issue happening to others but no one had a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37