Froyo Destroyed my Droid X

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't tell you how excited I was for Froyo. I thought it would be this incredible new update that would speed up the phone and what not but i was wrong. It's a terrible downgrade from 2.1.

My camera always crashes.
The Gallery never works.
The music player always freezes. This usually happens when you rotate the phone during a song that's playing.
The browser never works right.
Wifi drops constantly.

I don't know about you guys, but im getting sick of rebooting my phone four times a day just to fix these. Let's go Google and Motorola, its been two months. I'm not sure whether of not to get a new phone either because I know that this software update screwed my phone up and it's definitely not the hardware.

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've done it twice actually... The first time I was like oh maybe i didnt do it right so the second time i was sure that i did. Nothing even changed. Maybe its just my phone idk i guess ill take it up to verzion.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've done it twice actually... The first time I was like oh maybe i didnt do it right so the second time i was sure that i did. Nothing even changed. Maybe its just my phone idk i guess ill take it up to verzion.

some of those you mentioned are known motorola issues I posted a list (wifi's forsure)

Froyo wifi issue my or is it my router <-----titled thread

... that i got from motorola website

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP. 2.2 has ruined my X. I would never have to reboot on 2.1 but now it seems like a daily thing. I may not buy a Motorola device ever again. Very upsetting.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As of this point in time I can say that I wouldnt buy any motorola devices Again

Sent Using TaPaTalk

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If it's such a terrible downgrade, take it to a Verizon store and see if they can put it back to 2.1. I've been pretty lucky. WiFi is still rock solid. My battery life kicks ***. I did run into the known issue with the music player suddenly saying that previously working music was an unknown file type, but Winamp seems to have taken care of that. I have had a couple of weird things with the stock Email app. It suddenly stopped fetching mail for over a week and magically started working again. I could no longer sync an IMAP account for over a week(didn't notice it until then), but a reboot fixed that(yep, I had gone over 8 days without a reboot). I want to try out Maildroid, but I can't get it to work with that same IMAP account.

On it's worst day, my X with its second software update has not had the issues my LG enV touch had even after it's 5(I think it was 5) software updates.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
(rant starts)The point in my case is that why did they send out the update for when the knew it was full of bugs . The reason it took so long was because motorola claimed they was wanting it to be right so they was tweaking it ;) ( my dinc is flawless in comparison since the update)

I paid for this phone to be and remain fucnctionable , all the issues I have are known software issues.So degrading to 2.1 to me isnt the answer to fix their issues .
I dont want a refurd DX or another motorola device,so probably just junk it out if the update isnt out by next spring use it to sight my rifle scope in on , Lol :D(rant ends)

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
im not rooted and i find myself having to reset my phone at least once a day, takes only a minute, but at the same time if i forget, then my email doesnt come through at all. forgot yesterday reset 10 minutes ago, got 5 emails. If the push isnt working, it should automatically move to the fetch schedule that is set, and even that doesnt work.

shawnzulma

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree I was happier with 2.1. Since Froyo, my wife's Incredible's battery life went to crap even worst that on was. And I man by half. And my DX does all kind of funky freezing and doesn't seem faster at all. It amazes me how all the Android reviewer types were so impressed with how fast Froyo made their phones blah blah blah. It definltey made both my household Droids suck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Every product has lemons. If you have insurance, loose it, and get a new one. There are plenty of us with OTA 2.2 and it works great.

This is terrible advice. Why would one want to commit insurance fraud?

Plus, there is the deductible to pay. If the device is really acting up, and it isn't fixed with a Factory Data Reset, then I believe Verizon will exchange the device free of charge.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted .
I had no issues at all on 2.1.
I only had comfirmed bug issues (motorolas confirmed) on froyo 2.2.
I still have done 3 factory resets since update ( just because they was fun :p)
Twice(facory resets) did it the way mentioned in the sticky btw, no type of google backups enabled.
Yes I am convinced these are software issues and an refurd would not perm. fix any of these issues.(the wifi's is a pita but there is a workaround )
So... I am wating for an froyo update , as mentioned no update by spring will confirm how motorola feels about their CS relations and will end my business with them as well if nothing by spring 2011 .:eek:

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP. 2.2 has ruined my X. I would never have to reboot on 2.1 but now it seems like a daily thing. I may not buy a Motorola device ever again. Very upsetting.

I know how you feel. Some people get amazing Motorola phones (like my brother, who's had his OG Droid since March and hasn't even had to do a battery pull, let alone had any type of problem) but then others have a string of bad luck or have a device so frustrating they migrate away from Motorola forever. I was one of those people. I never had an X but I had so many bad Droids that crashed on me that I got fed up and traded the D2 they finally gave me (which was worse than any Droid I had) for my Fascinate.

So I'm sorry for your troubles and your frustration. Did you try to factory reset your X the way they tell you on the forums here? That might fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol