Droid X not updating

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what's going on, but recently none of my apps have been refreshing like they are supposed to. My Twitter app is the only app that is refreshing correctly, my Facebook, email, wordfeud, and data usage widget all update ONLY when I manually update them. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but I really would like my email to update like it used to, I've checked all their refresh interval settings and they are all set properly they just don't update. Anyone have any clue as to what's going on?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you go into settings>accounts, make sure background data and auto-sync both have check marks, then click on your gmail account and make sure everything in the screen that comes up is also checked.

If you don't find any of those items unchecked, try this:

Put the Power Control Widget on one of your home screens and make sure that the sync control is on/active. I've read a few post where something unknown turned the sync off.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips I went into settings>accounts but it only showed me the accounts I have on my phone and no other option except to open the accounts or delete them, it didn't have anything about auto sync or background data. I also put the power widget on the screen and the sync control is active

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you installed anything new recently?
I've seen task killers with auto kill do this.

I'm assuming you've done a battery pull?

I haven't installed anything new that I can recall, and after the battery pull it started updating again, except that I get a vibration saying that I got a new email but there is no icon in the notification bar anymore if I pull the bar down it shows my email but if I were to miss the original notification ring or vibration there would be no way for me to tell that I just received an email. I downloaded the yahoo app and tried it out and it seems to work great, I just hate to have a work around like that for this issue, it shouldn't be happening like this I used to receive a vibration notification and an icon in the notification bar and all of a sudden it all crapped out.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I did a little research, and I found a thread over on droidxforums.com and it looks like a ton of them are having the exact same issue and it started happening just about the exact same time that I started to have this issue. Weird that this all of a sudden started up especially since there have been no OTA updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol