Anyone regretting the X now with the new crop of phones arriving?

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well it's been a few months since we got our X's, since then a slew of new android phones have been released and announced. Has the honeymoon ended and you wish you had waited or there's nothing that can come between you and your X.
Verizon is now getting the Global phones the Droid Pro the Samsung Continuum and the Incredible HD plus the original Incredible has returned and the rumored HTC Merge

T-mobile now has the G2 and the MyTouch HD

AT&T has the rumored Dell Thunder

and lets not forget the highly rumored Samsung Nexus 2 (S2)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if no update on froyo by this spring will ditch the dx.I can at anytime actually within my update already.;)

Sent using TapAtalk

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Psst...this is Android. There's *always* a slew of new phones being released (and it seems like it will only get "worse"). Whatever you buy will be surpassed by some manufacturer on some carrier in months if not sooner, enjoy what you've got or learn to pay full price and live month-to-month.

Reactions: Sharra

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you post this same thing on the other forum site? I'll say the same thing I said there...if you don't like that technology replaces itself every few months, then you need to go back to the 1950s.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Nothing new out there is better then my Droid X. Have no froyo issues. Even the hd is a joke.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Nope. Noting out now is better and the phones coming out don't interest me. This phone hopefully has a second coming sometime.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely not.
I have switched phones consistently over the past 4 years every six months (cause I am kind of a geek and must have the latest) but I am so happy with my X I see no reason to even think about changing.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
The only thing out right now that would make me regret getting my droid x will beat the h t c merge. But I am sure when my new every 2 is available there will be something even better out.

As far as phones on other carriers I could care less because there is no way in hell I would go to at&t t mobile or sprint

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
What came out that even matches it? So far nothing that comes with the 4.3 screen.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Very happy with my Droid X. I do have to say that it is hard to fight the temptation to have the latest and greatest. You will drive yourself insane, it is true that there will always be newer, faster, better devices. Some of us have will power some of us don't, it's all good!

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of stuck in this situation right now when it comes down to the latest and greatest. The Droid X def. Has so many more features that the Fascinate just lacks of.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
LOVE the DX!! I notice, though, it's not getting much ad time on TV - only mentions here and there.

Personally, I feel as though the DX is a "half-way" point between a cell phone and a pad-type device. It has the best of both worlds and it's size is the only price to pay on that, if you consider that a disadvantage. I think the size is what makes it all work so well, along with the outstanding capabilities! So far, the others may match one feature or another but taken overall, I think the X has them beat... still.

I know there will be more advances and welcome them. But sometimes seems technology defeats itself becoming more complex as it tries to become increasingly "user friendly" or diverse in its capabilities.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I never regret phone purchases. If I do, I switch in my 30. The X is a quality piece. I do one year contracts. I would recommend to those with regrets to do more research before a purchase....android is not apple....we get a ton of new devices in a year.

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
If I was still stuck in BB land, then I might be jonesing for a new model. However, I'm stuck in DX land and not really needing or wanting to change. Now that could change, but it hasn't and nothing posted up so far is making me want to change. I would like to look at the Droid Pro, but that's more curiosity than anything else.

And if you're keeping score (just wanted to say that, doesn't mean anything) I believe I'm typing way faster on the virtual keyboard than on any physical keyboard. Funny, I thought it might be the other way around, but it's not.

New models might be out there, but I'm still getting looks from other folks who are asking what kind of phone I've got. The last guy I showed it to only had one comment. He said, "Man! That thing is fast!" Got to love hearing that.

Goldwinger

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Psst...this is Android. There's *always* a slew of new phones being released (and it seems like it will only get "worse"). Whatever you buy will be surpassed by some manufacturer on some carrier in months if not sooner, enjoy what you've got or learn to pay full price and live month-to-month.

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar