1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default droid X 2.2.1 update

Well it is finally coming. 2.2.1. Wish they had a date but you can read what I know after hitting up the link

Everyone run to your X's and check for update. I'm in the Midwest and will probably not get it as soon as you east coast folks, right Phil. J/k

lol, just because an anonymous post tells us its coming, we all need to check.

We all know its coming, the issue is and always that we don't know the date

Global Posts
    6,657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Thanksgiving is the date that makes sense ,because I will be thankful for the update to the froyo update(2.2) ,lol
    Last edited by davidnc; 11-05-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typo

This really needs to happe soon. The Froyo update killed my X. 2.1 was so very nice...

I checked mine for an update (I am in Albany, NY), and it said that no updates were available. I'm not in a huge rush for an update anyway. I've only had my X for a few days, and 2.2 is still better then BB OS 6.
    Last edited by evb624; 11-05-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added Location

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    This really needs to happe soon. The Froyo update killed my X. 2.1 was so very nice...
    Sorry to hear that Stang. I've got the 2.2 running pretty good on my DX. However, I did have to do a system reset twice before I got there. It's been worth the reset effort though as everything is running nice and smooth (well as smooth as it can get). Most of my problems were probably self induced, but a reset helps you put things in perspective, like, do I really need 250 apps on my phone? :o

Anyway, after I got over the "I can load anything on the phone" issues, the DX seems to have settled down to a nice easy and fast response.

Good luck and I hope 2.2.1 fixes your issues.

Goldwinger

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Latest mention I've seen is Nov 29th at the earliest.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Franco's Nightly Kernel

This will be my first time updating my X since it was rooted. Do updates usually unroot phones?
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J T M View Post
    This will be my first time updating my X since it was rooted. Do updates usually unroot phones?
    Almost always. I would not do the update, when and if it comes, and watch the forums for your best upgrade path.
    Thanked by:
    J T M 

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Thanks P3droid.