Has this happened to your Droid....

whitecoyote

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
This started about a month ago. Then seemed to stop. Now it has started again, and it's much worse.
The bottom half of the screen looks like a bar code, and flashes on and off. (the names & numbers were smuged intentially)
azf2hd.jpg

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen it. Have you tried a factory rest? I know that's not the funnest sounding thing, unless somebody here chimes in that knows what it is, that's what verizon is going to do.

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Is it like that on every screen or just the contacts? If it's every screen it looks like you dropped the phone. If it's just the contacts it's time for a factory reset.

whitecoyote

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it like that on every screen or just the contacts? If it's every screen it looks like you dropped the phone. If it's just the contacts it's time for a factory reset.
It first started out it was only on the first screen when you turn it on. It is now moving to other screens. The Droid has never been dropped, or abused.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it happened to me. Same exact thing. Did a reset a sbf flash. Noting worked. Had to send it back for a warranty replacement. I never even dropped it and it was never wet.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i am actually on my 4th.

1st one had a broken speaker and i couldnt hear any sound while on a call

2nd had this screen issue

3rd had a rattle in the earpiece

4th is good so far

whitecoyote

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

I took the Droid X to Verizon. They said the screen was going bad. Verizon said it would be covered under warranty.
Received the new DroidX yesterday. Everything seems to be OK so far.
Thanks for everyone's input. :)