All Of A Sudden Having Froyo OTA Bugs

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So since the Froyo update I was happy to find that I was not expreiancing any of the bugs that other were finding. Well my joy turned to sadness as 4 days ago i started experiencing them. My battery manager FC's when i touch the battery. My music player pulls the old "cannot play file format' gag. And my notification sounds randomly decide they dont want to work. I think I might be having the gmail sync issue as well but the lack of instant delivery of my emails really doesnt bother me. Anyone else seeing these bugs all of a sudden?

Whats the latest rumor on this bug fix update? Or should I just expect it to come with Gingerbread?

G

GenericMessage

So since the Froyo update I was happy to find that I was not expreiancing any of the bugs that other were finding. Well my joy turned to sadness as 4 days ago i started experiencing them. My battery manager FC's when i touch the battery. My music player pulls the old "cannot play file format' gag. And my notification sounds randomly decide they dont want to work. I think I might be having the gmail sync issue as well but the lack of instant delivery of my emails really doesnt bother me. Anyone else seeing these bugs all of a sudden?

Whats the latest rumor on this bug fix update? Or should I just expect it to come with Gingerbread?

It seems both will drop any day now.

But yeah, join the club on 2.2 bugs. Seriously, Moto/Verizon really screwed the pooch on this one

CarrierUnlock

Wireless Unlocking
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The Battery Manager FC, and file format issue are known and Motorola said they have found fixes and they will be released in the next update.

I have not noticed any problems myself though with Gmail or notifications. Here is hoping they get this update out sooner rather than later.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they're about 21 known and confirmed issues or bugs with froyo. Hopefully not to much longer of a wait.

Sent using TapAtalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but when weird things start to happen out of the blue, be EXTREMELY suspicious of the "automatic download" feature from Market apps. If your apps are updated in the background (always with no notice except maybe the download arrow on the notification bar), they will bring your X ops to a SCREECHING HALT, freezing everything even to where you may need to do a battery pull to get things going again.

The solution is check ALL your apps from the "My Apps" list while in the Market. In each, make sure the "allow automatic updates" box in NOT checked. You will still receive notifications that there are updates available (in the notification bar pull down) and you can download one, several or all when it is convenient to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11