1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid X Camera issue?

Does anyone know if there is a way to include a time and date stamp when taking either video or still photos with the Droid X? Neither the installed camera app nor vignette have the option of including time or date when taking photos or shooting video. A friend of mine who has HTC's Dr Incrdl does have that option...is this another handicap from having to use motoblur??

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

I scanned through both camera apps (I love Vignette) and didn't find any settings for it. I don't know if there's a 3rd party app for time stamp stuff, but if you've already paid for Vignette, I don't know if you'd want that kind of solution anyway. Perhaps drop an email to the creators of Vignette and see if they could add a time stamp feature. I'm sure there are quite a few others out there who would like the same feature added. I don't know if I'd call it a Motoblur handicap, but rather a Sense feature.
    Witty euphemism, clever pun.

They are all tagged with a time and date. You can also tag them with a location. while the camera is open touch the gps icon in the upper left corner for tagging options.

to see the time and date. open a picture from the gallery and touch it. you should see three small icons pop up in each corner of the screen.

HDMI in the upper left
    Slideshow in lower left
    Info in bottom right

touching the info icon will bring up the information you are looking for

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

The way I read the original post, it sounds like he's looking for a time stamp overlay. The information is in the EXIF data, it seems like he's looking for an actual physical overlay of the time and date to be visible on the pictures/videos.

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Just an update: The recent update of Vignette has added a timestamp overlay to the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Just an update: The recent update of Vignette has added a timestamp overlay to the options.
    Is this in the free version also?

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

Depending on how you want to use them, you may just want an EXIF viewer (there are browser add-ons, I used to use under Windows because it gave extended information about Nikon cameras, etc.). This will let you see the date and time embedded in the image.

If you need the old-style superimposed timestamp (I find them to be very distracting myself), you can do it afterwards for any digital image using a variety of free software (here's one example):
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)