"Sync All" Button?

rousea24

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
It doesn?t seem like Facebook pictures get updated as quickly as they should, so every now and then I?ll just delete my Facebook account on my phone and then re-add it. I went to ?my accounts? and the only one of the 3 accounts I have an option to ?sync now? is for Google.

When I do delete/re-add my FB account, I have to go back into my contacts and link the ones whose names were different from my Google contacts to my FB ones. Does anyone know how the phone chooses which name it?s going to display? For two of the ones I had to link, it took the FB name over my Google contact name and I couldn?t find anyway to change it back to my Google contact name.

My buddy has a HTC EVO and he has an option in his settings to ?sync all? of his accounts??.Facebook, Google, etc.

Just curious if there was a hidden ?sync all? button for us Droid X users.

JulietBravo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I use the app "Sync my Pix". I believe you can set it for when you want it to sync, but mine syncs on a pretty regular basis, works great! I got it because I use ChompSMS and it will sync FB pictures into chomp.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Sync My Pix. It syncs from facebook to your main contact list, which means they show up everywhere... Call ID, text, gTalk, etc.

Sometimes it misses people because of name differences (Alex vs Alexander, DJ vs David, etc.) but just long-press their name in the app and tap "link to contact" or whatever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19