Strange 3G problem

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Starting yesterday a strange 3G problem has popped up for me. Browsing works fine on WiFi but if I stray away from my router and go to 3G browsing becomes spotty. I can get to Google, and a few other sites such as CNN and the Motorola website, but a whole host of other sites (Engadget, Android Central and most other sites) I can't get to them. I still get emails and facebook updates through the official Facebook app, but not resets through Tweetcast. I try the airplane mode toggle with no luck. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot, after which I can get to anything on 3g until I connect to WiFi and disconnect again.

I tried a factory reset, I installed a blurless ROM to see if it was a blur problem, andsl still no luck. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Starting yesterday a strange 3G problem has popped up for me. Browsing works fine on WiFi but if I stray away from my router and go to 3G browsing becomes spotty. I can get to Google, and a few other sites such as CNN and the Motorola website, but a whole host of other sites (Engadget, Android Central and most other sites) I can't get to them. I still get emails and facebook updates through the official Facebook app, but not resets through Tweetcast. I try the airplane mode toggle with no luck. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot, after which I can get to anything on 3g until I connect to WiFi and disconnect again.

I tried a factory reset, I installed a blurless ROM to see if it was a blur problem, andsl still no luck. Any ideas?

Same here, somethings definitely going on out there, maybe some upgrades to the 3g services going on causing some minor breakage in service, (DON"T I WISH) not sure whats going on either. What you running in the Rom department?

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
At least it's not just me. Probably some type of service thing rather than a Droid X issue. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm running ApeX right now. Fast, very attractive mostly-AOSP ROM with some really smooth graphical enhancements.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

green mtns rider

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
same problems here. i originally thought it was an issue with the juice defender app i loaded a couple days ago, so i deleted that with no luck. problems continued into today, so i did a factory reset...again with no luck. 3G has come and gone this afternoon, but its working now. im in central VT...

jmccarvill

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Similar problem here can search google and will check my corporate exchange email fine, but will not take me to search result sites.

The problem started for me yesterday (of course it was the first day with my new HTC Incredible - I have been a loyal Windows Mobile user for years) so I figured it had to be something wrong with my new phone.

I switched from the HTC Incredible back over to my HTC Ozone and had the same problem so I called Verizon. They said there was no problem and had me remove the battery on the Incredible and try again and it worked.

I have had the problem off and on yesterday and today too and was thinking the new phone might need to get returned.

Anyway, it is good to hear other people are having the same problem and it is probably not my phone, but still is frustrating.

The symptoms make me think there is something wrong with verizon's DNS servers.

I was looking for how to change DNS servers on the incredible when I saw this post.

Anyway, if the porblem goes away by itself I will be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez