New to Android, & have a question

scubadave

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
New droid user here. So far I love the phone. Today is my first day with it all day and I noticed something this AM when leaving for work. I carry my phone in a pouch style belt holder. When I put the DX in the holder it goes into driving mode. It seems the pouch is pressing the buttons on the front of the DX.

Is there a way to disable driving mode or the buttons so this will not happen?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
It has nothing to do with the buttons.
Its from your belt. What causes it to go into driving mode is the magnet. The way the phone knows its In a dock is from a magnet trigger. I think there is 2 one for car and one for home dock.

Try putting your phone in the other way around. If that doesn't work go into your settings in the car dock and check. There has to be a "only enter car mode manually" button.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the screen is just being woken up, or the slide lock unlocked too? Does it happen when the phone is in the pouch screen outward, inward, or both?

scubadave

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I can not find an option to set to manual only.

The screen wakes up & goes into car mode. Also when I remove the DX from the pouch it is now unlocked. It does not seem to matter if it is screen in or out.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that if you got a different holster/case rig, on made for the X, this would not happen. Verizon sells a nice case holster combo as well as Seidio. Both cases are very slim, giving decent protection with very little bulk.

If you're new to android in general, I highly recommend searching youtube for some videos on the X. Coming from BB, I found this to be a great way to see some of the things this device will do.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Download DockNothingness and Dock Simulator, you can disable the dock from activating with DockNothingness and then you can use Dock Simulator to open whatever dock you want whenever you can.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Then something is not right. Your case/holster should not be putting your phone into dock mode.

Yes it should..

The case most likely has a magnet, which if it's for a Blackberry, puts the phone into locked mode. You mention it's for the X, perhaps it's a generic holder? Regardless of the matter, it's got a magnet that is forcing this app to open.

So, because Motorola includes a magnet in their device to determine if it's being inserted into the car dock or the multimedia dock, putting the device inside the case will trigger whatever app based on which way the magnet is facing.

take a magnet and put it positive side to the back of the phone and you'll notice it opens the car mode or media mode. Flip the magnet over and it opens the opposite app..