Using ChompSMS - Phone in Vibrate Mode still plays sound - HELP!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I'm using ChompSMS and Profile on my DX, but I'm really wanting to quit using Profile to manage my sound settings because I can't use the vibrate slider to quickly put my phone in vibrate mode (I'm an attorney and am frequently going in and out of courtrooms and would like to be able to do this with one swipe).

I tried to not use Profile this morning and only use the volume rocker or the vibrate slider, and I got a text message and it played the notification tone. I'm not sure if Chomp is over-riding the factory volume setting, or what, but this is kind of annoying. It does only vibrate if I use the Profile vibrate setting, but I really want to be able to use the vibrate slider, but I don't know if I need to go back to the stock text app or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
well you could try uninstalling chomp and using the stock app and see what that does. if it works correctly then you know it was chomp

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm actually quite certain this would work, but I was really hoping that someone would know how to do this and still use Chomp with some kind of work around, or something along those lines. Or if someone used Profile that knew how to do this.

Thanks!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm actually quite certain this would work, but I was really hoping that someone would know how to do this and still use Chomp with some kind of work around, or something along those lines. Or if someone used Profile that knew how to do this.

Thanks!

Did you disable the default notification... Goto Messaging > Text Messaging > Left Menu Button > Messaging Settings > Select Ringtone > Silent.

After changing this ChompSMS notification will control alerts.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you disable the default notification... Goto Messaging > Text Messaging > Left Menu Button > Messaging Settings > Select Ringtone > Silent.

After changing this ChompSMS notification will control alerts.

Yep, I did that a long time ago when I started using Chomp. But I've been using the app "Profile" to create cutom profiles, etc., for different times of the day like I had in BB (really my only issue with this phone that this isn't stock). But I really wanted to use the lock screen slider to be able to quickly put my phone in vibrate mode. However, I still get a sound when I get a text through ChompSMS.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I tried using Handcent as well, and put the phone in vibrate through the lock slider, but it still plays a sound when the phone is in vibrate. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this?

I can't imagine this is a widespread issue with the number of people using Handcent and Chomp. And I really don't want to use the stock text app.

edjr905

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
idk if this will help you but its worth a shot. i have chomp as well so ill let you know what my settings look like and see if that helps because i don't have that problem. so first go to the chomp app settings and i have the "In App Ringtone" to "Same As Ringtone", set vibrate to "Always". Oh and just incase you haven't turned off the notification sounds on the stock sms make sure you do that because that could be why the text notification is still ringing.