Text notification sound

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, was playing around with my DX, and would have thought a phone as sophisticated as this one would let you set different text notification tones for different contacts.

Is this even technically possible, and just not implemented, or am I out of luck?

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
my guess is you came from a blackberry... i know you may be able to do it with a 3rd party app like handcentsms but i cant confirm because i dont use it. I wish the OS had it built in. Hell id be happy if it just played my custom tones consistantly

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Can't you create a directory on your SD card called "notifications" and drop sounds in there and then they will show up in the list. No?

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Can't you create a directory on your SD card called "notifications" and drop sounds in there and then they will show up in the list. No?

Done that, but I want to play different tones for different contacts. ;)

ATM, I have Yoda telling me I have a message from the dark side when I get texts. ;)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
You CAN do set a specific ring tone for individual contacts. Have to go at it from the contact info page itself on the X. Open the contact, click edit, scroll down to Additional Info. Ringer selection is there.

I'm running LP+ on the stock OS, but I think this works for the stock launcher as well. I have several with own rings.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You CAN do set a specific ring tone for individual contacts. Have to go at it from the contact info page itself on the X. Open the contact, click edit, scroll down to Additional Info. Ringer selection is there.

I'm running LP+ on the stock OS, but I think this works for the stock launcher as well. I have several with own rings.

He's not talking about ring tones though

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Found an app that does this admirably. Here on appbrain.

I have multiple contacts with custom tones, vibrate patterns and led colors. Yay!

Set global text notification to on, silent and vibrate. Then setup a global tone and customizations in the app. Works great. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol ,good find ... I was looking for something like that too. Thanks for finding it for me :)

Sent Using TaPaTaLk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've installed the app "SMS Popup", which puts an incoming text message on my lock screen with the message and options to close, reply or delete. In this app, there is some ability to set notification sounds and different color light alerts. Purple is working OK, but I can't seem to get a yellow.

I've also discovered my X will sound the notification every few minutes if I don't respond... helpful if you don't happen to hear it when it comes in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad