Camera Question

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone share some setting info for taking pics indoors? My X does great in the day outside, but inside pictures are very grainy and dark. I know its not the flash because it does work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: STILLIRISE

silent6610

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Probably your best bet is manually setting the ISO on the DX's camera settings. The auto function tends to do an okay job during the day, but I prefer to set mine myself. During the day, you'll probably want the ISO around 200. As for your night photos you're going to want to set the ISO as high as possible. As for the DX, I think the highest it can go is 800.

200 works for my indoors, but depending on how variable the light in your house is, I'd say 200-400.

Hopefully this helps some.

Reactions: STILLIRISE

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I found about the same issues with a purple haze or tinting when I took some photos. I used another program and it seemed to clear it up. I think its DX allows to many features for newbs to mess with the exposure and stuff. Prefer simple lol.

silent6610

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe a higher exposure would increase the amount of light in a picture. I haven't messed with exposure on the DX though, so I can't tell you how it would affect picture quality.

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. It does the trick, but it sux having to adjust settings every time I want to take a pic. I cant believe X would have such a a crappy camera app. Can anyone recommend a good camera app? Just want something that I dont have to go in all the time to adjust. thanks

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Vignette app is very good for funning the camera native app. However, the 2.2 camera app is very good - probably better than Vignette on 2.2 used with defaults settings, if you aren't fluent in "photography".

If you end up with a grainy pix, you might have used the digital Zoom. This only takes a piece of the original pix and enlarges it. Thus, the quality declines because you are getting a photo with enlarged pixels. My advice... don't use the digital zoom at all.

You might try going into settings for the X's camera and put most of the settings at automatic. For the most part, this will work well. I took a video in a VERY dim room and got absolutely PERFECT results without the flash or anything other than "auto."

It's a very good camera app (the native one), although certainly not something you would use for professional photography. Check out the sticky thread in this forum for photos taken with the X. They are outstanding and will give you some hints as to the fine points.

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded Vignette. Wow! I actually have a camera for inside now instead of outside only! I took a pic with stock app with all auto on settings and no zoom, and then took one using the Vignette. As usual grainy and dim with the stock app, clear and bright with the new app. :cool: Thanks again for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca