- 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM #2TECHFAN
- 1,338 Posts
Check the weather app settings. There should be a check box for displaying a notification. That would mean in the notification bar.
You may have more than one weather app operating, even if in the background. So, check your apps list in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications. If you see other weather apps, go into your app drawer, open each weather app and make sure the "notification" box is unchecked.
I have Beautiful Weather Home widget and also WeatherBug. Both have the option to have the temperature (or more) in the notification bar. I keep one operational so I can see the temp on other home pages beside the one with the weather app. Just saying'...Always learning ...
- 11-21-2010, 05:29 PM #3
- 11-21-2010, 09:05 PM #4
- 214 Posts
It might be WeatherBug, if it is then just pull down the notification bar and touch and hold the notification of the weather and the app opens, then push then settings button (the one on the far left (four squares, one white)) then select preferences then scroll to the bottom of that window and uncheck "enable notification"... done.
- 11-22-2010, 10:39 AM #5
- 11-23-2010, 10:11 PM #6
- 2,355 Posts
← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
- Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
- Keyboards — Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
- iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
If this helped, please click ↓Thanks & Like↓
- 12-15-2010, 08:42 PM #7
- 12-16-2010, 12:58 AM #8
- 09-06-2013, 06:28 PM #9
- 1 Posts
Re: Notification Bar Question
How to remove the weather channel temperature from the status bar, without unsetting your location:
Or you can go to Settings > Application Manager > The Weather Channel >
1) open app info through application manager
2) under force stop, uncheck "show notifications" ---> this will remove the temperature from the status bar.