Is there a way to change the primary gmail account attached to your phone without doing a factory reset?

I know that you can add gmail accounts, but the only one I can sync calendars with is the original.

Please read this post carefully, I am NOT interested in adding an account.
    Secondary account can sync contacts and mail, but they cant sync calendars.
    11-22-2010 10:33 AM
    Really? That's weird...when I go into Settings>Accounts, I see "Sync Calendar" as an option under both of my Google accounts. It was one of the features that came with 2.2 because it wasn't there before the update came down.
    11-22-2010 10:54 AM
    I have 5 google accounts and all can sync calendar. If you've already tried deleting the acct and adding it back on as a secondary and it's still not giving you the option the only thing to do is a factory reset.
    11-22-2010 04:21 PM
    Man, that blows. I have a factory installed 2.2, I never even got to experience 2.1.

If I go to settings>accounts, I see my back up assistant, google account, google acount. I have to go into the account to to select the specific syncing, and only one of the google accounts offers sync with calendar.

This really, really blows if I have to do a factory reset. Pure widget and Beautiful Widgets cant be moved to my sd card... I have to buy those two apps all over again
    11-22-2010 04:39 PM
    El Jefe, can your wife's phone do it too?
    11-22-2010 04:40 PM
    you wont have to buy them all over again, they will be in your purchases and you can re download them for free.

Also cant you use a backup app to save all your apps to your SD card?
    Dirty Ders likes this.
    11-22-2010 04:48 PM
    hmmmm.... a back up app you say... very interesting.
    11-22-2010 04:54 PM
    and whats this about apps being in my purchases? where is that located?
    11-22-2010 05:03 PM
    El Jefe, can your wife's phone do it too?
    Yes. I believe all phones with 2.2 can, that is why it is odd that yours can't. I don't know why that would be.

I think the only way to get a backup app is to root your phone and use something like Titanium Backup, but your paid apps
    Dirty Ders likes this.
    11-22-2010 05:22 PM
    shouldn't need to be purchased again. The market will back them up. Or get an Appbrain account by downloading that app and signing up.
    Dirty Ders likes this.
    11-22-2010 05:25 PM
    In the Market. under menu>"applications" ... will list all the ones you have purchased. Can re-download as many times as you want.
    Dirty Ders likes this.
    11-22-2010 05:41 PM
    go into the market and hit the menu button and there should be another button that says downloads, hit that and it will show all of your purchases, if they are installed, purchased or if an update is available
    11-27-2010 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD