1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Please try this, want to know if it is a bug, or just mine....

It's an annoying little keyboard thing. On the regular multi-touch keyboard, can someone open a text box and just type,

you can get it for $250 (any number following doesn't matter)

I type this and it removes the space before the $ symbol and reads on mine....

you can get it for$ 250

I have to go back in and backspace to for$ delete the $ sign and space it again to correct it every time.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Unfortunately that's just the settings on the regular multi-touch keyboard and it can't be changed.

I went ahead and spent a couple of bucks on a new keyboard, and that issue is gone. It's well worth it to look into a new one.
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

Yea that happens to me as well. Irritating... because I use special characters all the time in texts and in emails, and when it "auto-corrects", which is an oxymoron in itself with this device, it's annoying.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Learn Swype. Worth the time and effort ... and doesn't take long. Once you make the switch, you won't want to return to multi-touch. Also, there are benefits to Swype, as in many little automatic adjustments and/or punctuation that eliminate such problems as you mention.
    Always learning ...
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Also, in settings, you can adjust how much "auto-correct" occurs - right down to none (my preference).
    Always learning ...

+1 for Swype. I was very annoyed by that "feature" of the multitouch keyboard so I switched to Swype & the more I use it...the more I love it. It bugged me at first because I had to train it a lot of words that I use frequently that weren't in the dictionary, but now it is flawless.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card

That is annoying. I hope that gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    It's an annoying little keyboard thing. On the regular multi-touch keyboard, can someone open a text box and just type,

you can get it for $250 (any number following doesn't matter)

I type this and it removes the space before the $ symbol and reads on mine....

you can get it for$ 250

I have to go back in and backspace to for$ delete the $ sign and space it again to correct it every time.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
    The one that bugged me the most was typing a phrase like:

I will pick you up @ 6

and it would do the same & show:

I will pick you up@ 6.

I know it is just nitpicking, but even my texts can't have typos...I am very anal about that.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card

This is actually one of the issues with Froyo that pisses me off the most. I also use a lot of #$@%, etc and I hate having to backspace and re-type. And no, I'm not gonna stick with Swype because that is not the solution we need.