Quick Question

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications> select the All tab, scroll down to Messaging and then click Clear Defaults. Then go to your contacts and select any contact with a phone number, touch the little envelop and it should bring up a choice of which messaging program you want to use. FIRST, touch the check box at the Use by default and then select Chomp. That should make it always use that sms app thereafter.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications> select the All tab, scroll down to Messaging and then click Clear Defaults. Then go to your contacts and select any contact with a phone number, touch the little envelop and it should bring up a choice of which messaging program you want to use. FIRST, touch the check box at the Use by default and then select Chomp. That should make it always use that sms app thereafter.

That option isn't available. The clear defaults is greyed out!! It says no defaults set. When I try to set it from the application it tells me to do what you are telling me but I can't!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What about just looking up a contact and clicking the envelop icon beside their phone number? Does it pop up a dialog box asking you to choose which app to message with?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
What you have to do is set chomp to give a notification when you get a text. Then go into the stock sms app anxiety into settings and make that the notification setting is off and that there isn't a notification sound selected.

This easy isn't really bypassing the stock app but it will make it so that you will only have chomp notify you

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
What about just looking up a contact and clicking the envelop icon beside their phone number? Does it pop up a dialog box asking you to choose which app to message with?
This worked!! But will that keep chomp as my default for all text or will I have to do this when ever i want to text someone new?

Dfresh

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
All you have to do is turn off all of you stock texting notification but allow the stock app to receive mms but don't notify you and then go to the notication settings in chomp and set up your notification. I don't know if you are using any launcher but it you are you can have a messaging app in the dock it will allow you to choose a default app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac