Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Quick Question

    I use Chomp for my sms texting, how can I make chomp my default?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Under settings,applications, then there should be a option for setting your defult
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juggalofx View Post
    Under settings,applications, then there should be a option for setting your defult
    I don't have that option!!!
  4. #4  

    Default

    Try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications> select the All tab, scroll down to Messaging and then click Clear Defaults. Then go to your contacts and select any contact with a phone number, touch the little envelop and it should bring up a choice of which messaging program you want to use. FIRST, touch the check box at the Use by default and then select Chomp. That should make it always use that sms app thereafter.
    Semper Fi
    I love my Moto X 2014!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications> select the All tab, scroll down to Messaging and then click Clear Defaults. Then go to your contacts and select any contact with a phone number, touch the little envelop and it should bring up a choice of which messaging program you want to use. FIRST, touch the check box at the Use by default and then select Chomp. That should make it always use that sms app thereafter.
    That option isn't available. The clear defaults is greyed out!! It says no defaults set. When I try to set it from the application it tells me to do what you are telling me but I can't!
  6. #6  

    Default

    What about just looking up a contact and clicking the envelop icon beside their phone number? Does it pop up a dialog box asking you to choose which app to message with?
    Semper Fi
    I love my Moto X 2014!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  7. #7  
    Brett's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,394 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

    Default

    What you have to do is set chomp to give a notification when you get a text. Then go into the stock sms app anxiety into settings and make that the notification setting is off and that there isn't a notification sound selected.

    This easy isn't really bypassing the stock app but it will make it so that you will only have chomp notify you
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    What about just looking up a contact and clicking the envelop icon beside their phone number? Does it pop up a dialog box asking you to choose which app to message with?
    This worked!! But will that keep chomp as my default for all text or will I have to do this when ever i want to text someone new?
  9. #9  
    papi92's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

    Default

    You never had default set haha
  10. #10  
    Dfresh's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default

    All you have to do is turn off all of you stock texting notification but allow the stock app to receive mms but don't notify you and then go to the notication settings in chomp and set up your notification. I don't know if you are using any launcher but it you are you can have a messaging app in the dock it will allow you to choose a default app.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions