New DX Owner first impressions

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
It was with a heavy heart I let go of my Droid Inc for the Droid X. In doing a lot of research I noticed there are a lot of unhappy X owners. The complaints varied widely and seemed to be broadly echoed once mentioned. I wondered if there were even any happy owners of the X. However I did not let that deter me.

What drove me to the X was its beastly size. The Inc was just to small (but powerful). The X is a big hand person's device. After tooling with it for 24 hours I am extremely pleased with it and really makes me wonder why are owners unhappy with it? Am I missing something? I am definitely a power user so I found the battery to hold up very well. The display looks good and the camera is decent but not great. I did not find the half baked version of MotoBlur to be all that intrusive. My screens are snappy and can't see any lag (yet). I was concerned with the typing from what I also read but I find my keypad to be precise and responsive as well. I am not a fan of the physical buttons and prefer capacitive but can live with it.

So am i crazy? I cannot be in the minority of owners who thinks the X marks the spot. My first impression is this is a very solid device and does many things well.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are in a minority of "unhappy" X owners, I am there with you. I love my X and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING currently available.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My X is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

I think that if go to any forum (android/bb/palm/iphone) you'll find the majority of threads relating to people trying to solve a problem. Just the nature of forums in general.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My X is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

I think that if go to any forum (android/bb/palm/iphone) you'll find the majority of threads relating to people trying to solve a problem. Just the nature of forums in general.

I agree. I haven't noticed an overwhelming group of people with problems or who hate their phone like the OP suggests. Any forum will be people wanting to know how to solve a problem or people answering them with how they fixed a similar problem with their phone.

I love the battery life & have none of the problems with Froyo that some people say they have. My X is flawless.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind too, Droid X owners have high expectations. Therefore, when things are not perfect X owners are disappointed. But it is really the best Android device available along with the Evo.

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I love my X. I use it more than my laptop.

Typically when someone is happy with something they don't think "hey let me go find a forum to write about it," they just use the product and are happy. When something doesn't work though it's the opposite.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I love my X. I use it more than my laptop.

Typically when someone is happy with something they don't think "hey let me go find a forum to write about it," they just use the product and are happy. When something doesn't work though it's the opposite.

I agree.

DX is by far the best smart phone I have owned. There is nothing out there now and nothing that is even rumored that peaks my interest.

The only thing I would change about it is putting in an unlocked bootloader.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I love my X, best phone I have had!!
***I agree that for the most part you will find issues, gripes, frustration and problems posted within forums.

ranger9810

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Another minority here! I upgraded from BB Storm and glad I did, Droid X is by far the best phone I've ever had. Now if I could just put it down for an hour or two :)

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not one problem here. Love my X - I agree about being able to put it down. I'm lucky to put it down for more than 20 minutes.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I would say a lot of the complaints result from folks putting on a bunch of apps that don't work or don't work together ... always a MAJOR possibility.

No matter. I would NOT exchange my X for ANY other "phone" out there. It is an extension of my computer, portable and very, VERY GOOD.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
My coworker has an X and loves it. I an with Sprint or I would have one. Actually my coworkers X is what prompted my upgrade to the evo from the hero.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

chaluk

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I owned Pearl / Storm 1 and Storm 2 and had no issues with any of them for work. I was hesitant to leave the BB world and move to the Android platform. My concerns were the BB email push - solved with K9 (K9 is BETTER than BB BIS because it is a true IMAP client) and sync'ing with Outlook - solved with My Phone Explorer.

My Droid X is a great work phone?tool now. It is even more amazing as a fun toy! The browser is crazy fast, the apps, the giant screen, the list goes on and on..........

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a longtime iPhone user. I tried the Evo, took it back went back to iPhone.
Tried the Incredible then the Droid 2, took 'em back, went back to iPhone.
Got a Droid X yesterday and I don't see myself going back to my iPhone. I
really like this phone and have no complaints about it (yet). I rooted and put
a custom ROM on it within the first five hours that I got it and couldn't be happier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz