1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New DX Owner first impressions

It was with a heavy heart I let go of my Droid Inc for the Droid X. In doing a lot of research I noticed there are a lot of unhappy X owners. The complaints varied widely and seemed to be broadly echoed once mentioned. I wondered if there were even any happy owners of the X. However I did not let that deter me.

What drove me to the X was its beastly size. The Inc was just to small (but powerful). The X is a big hand person's device. After tooling with it for 24 hours I am extremely pleased with it and really makes me wonder why are owners unhappy with it? Am I missing something? I am definitely a power user so I found the battery to hold up very well. The display looks good and the camera is decent but not great. I did not find the half baked version of MotoBlur to be all that intrusive. My screens are snappy and can't see any lag (yet). I was concerned with the typing from what I also read but I find my keypad to be precise and responsive as well. I am not a fan of the physical buttons and prefer capacitive but can live with it.

So am i crazy? I cannot be in the minority of owners who thinks the X marks the spot. My first impression is this is a very solid device and does many things well.

If you are in a minority of "unhappy" X owners, I am there with you. I love my X and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING currently available.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I am minority too, my x is like my best pair of boots, not for sale or trade

My X is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

I think that if go to any forum (android/bb/palm/iphone) you'll find the majority of threads relating to people trying to solve a problem. Just the nature of forums in general.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    My X is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

I think that if go to any forum (android/bb/palm/iphone) you'll find the majority of threads relating to people trying to solve a problem. Just the nature of forums in general.
    I agree. I haven't noticed an overwhelming group of people with problems or who hate their phone like the OP suggests. Any forum will be people wanting to know how to solve a problem or people answering them with how they fixed a similar problem with their phone.

I love the battery life & have none of the problems with Froyo that some people say they have. My X is flawless.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Good point...I agree with you that the DX is the best phone to date, that I have owned.....Semper Fi!

Keep in mind too, Droid X owners have high expectations. Therefore, when things are not perfect X owners are disappointed. But it is really the best Android device available along with the Evo.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

I love my X. I use it more than my laptop.

Typically when someone is happy with something they don't think "hey let me go find a forum to write about it," they just use the product and are happy. When something doesn't work though it's the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I love my X. I use it more than my laptop.

Typically when someone is happy with something they don't think "hey let me go find a forum to write about it," they just use the product and are happy. When something doesn't work though it's the opposite.
    I agree.

DX is by far the best smart phone I have owned. There is nothing out there now and nothing that is even rumored that peaks my interest.

The only thing I would change about it is putting in an unlocked bootloader.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

I love my X, best phone I have had!!
    ***I agree that for the most part you will find issues, gripes, frustration and problems posted within forums.

Another minority here! I upgraded from BB Storm and glad I did, Droid X is by far the best phone I've ever had. Now if I could just put it down for an hour or two :-)

Not one problem here. Love my X - I agree about being able to put it down. I'm lucky to put it down for more than 20 minutes.
    UtahConcealer

Crackberry 8330 ---> Droid X ---> Droid X2 ---> Blk 16gb iPhone 4
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

I would say a lot of the complaints result from folks putting on a bunch of apps that don't work or don't work together ... always a MAJOR possibility.

No matter. I would NOT exchange my X for ANY other "phone" out there. It is an extension of my computer, portable and very, VERY GOOD.
    Always learning ...

My coworker has an X and loves it. I an with Sprint or I would have one. Actually my coworkers X is what prompted my upgrade to the evo from the hero.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I love my X. One of my coworkers has one, too, and she loves hers. DH has a PalmPre and is drooling over my X.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I owned Pearl / Storm 1 and Storm 2 and had no issues with any of them for work. I was hesitant to leave the BB world and move to the Android platform. My concerns were the BB email push - solved with K9 (K9 is BETTER than BB BIS because it is a true IMAP client) and sync'ing with Outlook - solved with My Phone Explorer.

My Droid X is a great work phone?tool now. It is even more amazing as a fun toy! The browser is crazy fast, the apps, the giant screen, the list goes on and on..........

I'm a longtime iPhone user. I tried the Evo, took it back went back to iPhone.
    Tried the Incredible then the Droid 2, took 'em back, went back to iPhone.
    Got a Droid X yesterday and I don't see myself going back to my iPhone. I
    really like this phone and have no complaints about it (yet). I rooted and put
    a custom ROM on it within the first five hours that I got it and couldn't be happier.