Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Talking Battery at 50% after 24 hours!!!

Okay, I don't know how this is happening. Just got my X, battery came at 70% and I charged it to 100% (only took about an hour) before playing with it. Battery life on all of my droids has always been pretty bad so I wasn't surprised when it was at 20% after about 4 hours but I hoped it would improve since that was its first charge. Then I drained it completely until the phone shut off.
    Plugged it back in and charged fully, then took it off the charger at 11:20 am yesterday (Thurs). I didn't use it much, but a few people played around with it at Thanksgiving, it was still at 80% when I went to bed last night, 12 hours later. Fidgeted around with things again today for about 45 minutes, and now, 24 hours later, it's still at 50%!! (I have it on the nighttime saver setting, not even the maximum).
    I'm so surprised I'm starting to wonder if the battery manager is accurate...lol

That does sound very good. It seems that the DX has great battery life. As you mentioned it does all depend on how much you use it. I could go all day (15hrs) and only be at 70% if I hadnt used any 3G but was only texting and calling.

From the newness of your battery, it should only get better still.

Anyways welcome to the Droid X family. You will love it here.

The battery for the Droid X is really good for a smartphone with its capabilities.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I have the extended battery and get a couple of days with moderate to heavy use
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I have the extended batt as well and i get barely get through the day with mod to heavy use. i must be missing something so help me out..

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by chuklm3 View Post
    I have the extended batt as well and i get barely get through the day with mod to heavy use. i must be missing something so help me out..
    Did you ever completely discharge your battery and then charge it up? I have the extended battery and only charge every other night.
    -Verizon Moto X 16GB Black. I should have done Moto Maker...
    -iMac 21.5" Early-2009 running 10.9

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I can't go 2 days and have the xtended battery too. I can go 24 hrs or maybe 28 max on a 1750 . I have discharged totally 3 times in a row at least maybe 5 times in a row.

It did add a few hrs over the stock battery but no way could I go 48 hrs.

PS:
    Of course if I did not use it I might could ,lol

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I dont use any of the moto blur crap, that seems to eat up a lot of battery. I have the screen on min brightness and use wifi when ever I can, other then that I dont do anything special. Weather app refreshes every 2 hours, facebook I update on my own (plus I get email notifications)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3