Switching from iphone to droid x

Miner51

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had the iphone 3GS for 1 year. I'm not a real tech savy person but I do fine with the iphone. Really like it, but I'm very disatisfied with AT&T. I'm wanting to move to Verizon and I really like the Droid x but I'm afraid it will be to complicated. Any opinions or advice?

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
There is a learning curve to it, but don't let it scare you. Don't be afraid to play around with it and dive into the settings. There's a wealth of information on this site that can help you get the basics down. Once you get used to the basic layout and getting used to the android layout, it'll come a lot easier. My mother is a complete anti-tech kind of person, and she successfully made the switch from the 3GS to a Captivate and loves it. Don't be afraid to play with the phone, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

DroidEye22

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Install launcher-pro first, no task killers. Get to know your phone for a couple of weeks, then root it and install custom roms.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You'll be fine. The data coverage is definitely better on Verizon. All the basics on the X are simple to use and if you want to get more complicated with some in depth customization, you'll pick it up as you go.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Like anything new, it won't be like a old pair of boots, broke in and known. Take your time, and I think you will be very satisfied, specially if you check in here on the forums. Android central is the best the net offers. IMO, the X is king.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about switching its not complicated , plenty of help IF you even need any . Just take your time to learn your new phone at your own pace and you will be all good .
Sent using TaPaTaLk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X isn't that much more complicated to use than the iPhone if you are just using the basic functions of it. It becomes more complicated and involved when you try to customize it. It will be a great move. I used to have an iPhone and I can say that it doesn't compare to my X.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from an iPhone after using it non-stop for about a year and
a half. Using the Droid X now for almost a week and the learning curve has
been just fine. I rooted and custom ROM'd that b*tch within five hours of
when I bought it.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
My brother switched from a 3G to a DroidX. He was frustrated at first. He loved his iPhone cause everything was just done for him. As he gives it more time, he is beginning to like his DX more and more. He is blown away by the customization available with Android that Steve Job's works so hard to keep out of the hands of iOS users. He loves the integration with a bunch of the Google services, like having contacts synced with my Gmail account so I always have them backed up and being able to go to any Android phone on any carrier and not having to worry about a store sales rep puckering up when trying to copy contacts.

You will need some patience. It's gonna take some time to learn how to navigate the system. Think of it as switching from Windows XP to Windows 7. It's going to be frustrating at first, but you'll figure it out. When you have questions, search around this forum or if you can't find the answers, ask a new question. You've already got a leg up on the learning curve since you're on an Android forum that will provide support and answers. Anyone that I know that switched from an iPhone loves the Android platform. They all say something along the lines of, "I actually get to USE my phone."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01