How do I copy and paste text?

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I know this is probably a stupid question but I cant for the life of me figure out how to copy and paste text. Today I was waiting for a package to come from the post office. I was on the Droid X on the USPS tracking page and I managed to use the select text option to copy the tracking number. It said it was copied to the clipboard. Ok great! Then I went into a new text message I was going to send to my husband. I wanted to paste the tracking number to him to take with him to the post office. Nope. Couldnt figure out how to paste it in. Can someone please tell me how? Thanks.

Melissa

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
To paste text you have copied to the clipboard, you long press on the text input field and select "paste". Did you try this? I know the first time I did it I thought you had to hit the menu button.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Trust me the F word is no biggie for me to hear lol. Im not rooted though. I havent been brave enough to take that step with this phone yet nor have I felt the need to do so like I did with my Pre and Pixi Plus.

Yes the holding the text area worked! Thanks so much. I kept thinking geeze I know this phone must be able to paste otherwise why on earth would it give me the copy option in the first place? lol

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Trust me the F word is no biggie for me to hear lol. Im not rooted though. I havent been brave enough to take that step with this phone yet nor have I felt the need to do so like I did with my Pre and Pixi Plus.

Yes the holding the text area worked! Thanks so much. I kept thinking geeze I know this phone must be able to paste otherwise why on earth would it give me the copy option in the first place? lol

Rooting has become so simplified with all the click and root apps floating around but I understand its not for everyone.. I simply think the stock copy and paste is so limited but the 6.00 that they are asking for Copy / Paste It is a bit steep also, the developer really need to rethink the price.