Battery Swapping

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I swap batterys at the end of my work day. Pop in a fresh battery from my cradle charger and I am good for the rest of the day.
My question is; Is it necessary to shut down the phone first or can I just yank the battery while the phone is still on?

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Obviously it would be better to just shut it down so that all the services can be stopped correctly. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt it if it was just yanked, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. What's an extra 30 seconds? :)

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Obviously it would be better to just shut it down so that all the services can be stopped correctly. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt it if it was just yanked, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. What's an extra 30 seconds? :)

What's an extra 30 seconds?????:eek: Do we lust after a 1 gig processer to avoid a 1/2 second lag?:p Do we Demand the JIT compiler to speed our phones just a little bit?:D

Besides, I do this at the END OF WORK:mad:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This isn't a BlackBerry :D

Nah but in all seriousness, it is better when possible to shut down the device first before yanking the battery. I have yanked the battery once or twice when I had no other choice and it didn't hurt, but it's better to be safe than sorry.